Minecraft Pocket Edition finally available for most
1. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm willing to bet that for that price (which is about as high as I've seen games priced on the Market) they'll add features as they figure out ways to make them work effectively on mobile.
4. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2941; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I think there is a RPG that's like 14.99 on the android market and no demo which is lame. lol
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2663; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I know they are definitely planning to add Survival mode and other online modes, but for right now, it is pretty expensive given the limitations.
6. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Meh, I still bought it. I'd like to at least figure out the basics of the mechanics (never played Minecraft before period) before I have to deal with zombies, skeletons and creepers.
And so far, the mechanics seem intuitive and work well. I can see why people like it. :)
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2663; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's digital LEGO. What's not to like?
9. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Dude, I still have a lego model I built ten years ago of a starcruiser I designed. That thing is NEVER gettin' wrecked, lol.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5372; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
6.99 sounds nice.... I'm stuck with 14.95 SPB! dam fell for them again.....
2. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
oh yeah! i'm hitting up the market right now. ;D
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2941; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I'll get the demo and see how well it runs on my phone. Given it has the best processor to date, I think it will handle nicely. Yes, yes...indeed.
11. Leodrade (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
are they going to include the option to play in online servers?
14. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh my god, Minecraft. You are evil. I went from midnight until 3:30 playing you last night. No wonder my best friend loves this game to pieces.
16. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
yeah, i couldn't stop playing for a long while myself. i have friends who are going to love to hear that i'm so addicted to this s**t. xD
17. Sniggly (Posts: 6803; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Dude, I decided to build a replica of my big starship legislation model...with each peg represented by a block. But where? The top of the highest mountain of course. But I needed a flat base to build it on. So I started to. But a base of the size required was bigger than the top of the mountain. I fell off one side while trying to plan out the base expansion. Since that side was almost all sheer cliff, I spent the next hour and a half building a monolithic obsidian staircase so I can climb back up easily. (Even though I found out about ladders only after this, I'm still glad I built the stairs because ladders are a bitch to climb up). After building the stairs and base out on that side I took measurements and realized that the base was less than half as wide as it needed to be. Which meant that the base had to start out halfway down the mountain. I took a break from THAT project after I was about halfway done. What did I do on my break? Build a replica of the smaller version of the starship model (20x10x4 blocks).
The finished replica will be an obsidian sculpture 49x30x7 blocks. Yes, I am dedicated. :D
15. SonyFiend (unregistered)
Yeah, without survival/adventure it's not AS entertaining, but still loads of fun as is.