Mighty Apple iPhone brought down by Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX at Verizon says analyst
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2012, 13:09 posted on
According to analyst Anil Doradia, for the first time since the Apple iPhone was launched in North America, it is not the top selling model at one of the carriers where it can be purchased; the phone that has apparently brought down the mighty Apple iPhone is the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Apple user are always that smart unlike Android that just buys anything that looks like the iPhone to save some penny despite its lagginess, uncertain update to jellybean, compatibility to all apps, short battery life due to unoptimized software/hardware for the marketing stunt of "more cores = better"..
They are now holding out for the almightly iPhone 5!
4. tedkord (Posts: 8314; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"Doradia says that this is not the result of potential Apple iPhone buyers at Verizon holding off for the next model of the iconic device. After all, the Apple iPhone 4S remains the top selling smartphone at AT&T and Sprint."
34. jove39 (Posts: 1586; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And razr maxx is not available on ATT & Sprint
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh you so high, thinking you're smart and sh*t. Your statement is so delusional I don't even know where to start. Perhaps someone can knock some sense into this guy? Your statement just threw you from troll to stupid.
17. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
hes trolling to make up for the fall of the Qin dynasty to the Han
10. JC557 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Smug hipster attitude, typical of an ifanatic.
19. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
You do know the RAZR MAXX's battery kicks the iPhone 4S's ass.
33. jove39 (Posts: 1586; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
They should pullout too...not breed more iSh33ps...can't believe I am writing this...but you just pissed me off with ur s**tty comment!
35. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Hey I think you are a White Fat 14 year KIddo whose parents gave him a USED Iphone 2G as a toy on Christman !!
49. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You must get paid by Apple for this....you have to....I dont wanna believe a sane person does this just because....
54. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Guys, Qin, or strikecho, is just some Chinese hacker who escaped from the insane asylum...move along, folks, nothing to see here :-)
29. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Perhaps we should be rationalizing why an 8 month old phone is just now being outsold (on the US's largest carrier no less).
36. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
yeah.. and the android gang are cheering for a newly released phone to outsell an 8 month phone
46. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
The Razr Maxx was released in January.. not really a "newly released" device..
53. Doakie (Posts: 1758; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Shhh. They are choosing to ignore your comment. The iRational has already begun.
3. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Im really hoping Motorola brings out more phones with the Maxx Battery to other carriers. Hoping for a Photon 2 Maxx lol
6. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'm waiting on the new Razr HD, personally. I think it will be a great little device.
21. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
With the screen sizes going up by the day I don't see us getting many great little devices
5. tedkord (Posts: 8314; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Take a hint from this, Verizon. Release the damned RAZR HD now, not in two months. I was shocked at how thin and light the MAXX was with that size battery.
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, seriously take a hint. I suspect the profit margins on the RAZR HD will be better than those for the iPhone 4S (or for that matter, the 5). VZW, you have a window to make some serious coin. Don't screw it up.
11. Commentator (Posts: 3377; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If this is true, I can't wait to see what happens when the Razr HD is
27. tedkord (Posts: 8314; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yeah, it's going to be legen...wait for it...
12. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Razr Maxx is awesome!!!! But I have to admit GS3 will take the crown for a long time in top sales when it's launched!!! A lot of people will want that phone! Including me!!!
18. dvsmik3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I'm pre-ordering the s3 and looking to sell it brand new...are you interested?
13. snowgator (Posts: 3504; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
LTE, a super battery, a wonderful and large screen, and an iconic name. The iPhone 4s just isn't a top end device compared to that. The question is: will any of this matter once the rumored iPhone 5, with LTE and 4" screen drops?
48. cfprelude (Posts: 124; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
i have to agree. i LOVE androids and moto in particular BUT switched to an iPhone4 a few months ago just because all the top droids are getting tooooo big. If moto could make a 4" LTE version of the speculated RAZR HD it'd truly have something to go toe to toe with the next iPhone. I'm a 6'2" 200lb man and can't get on this HUGE 4.5+" screens bandwagon. the iPhone 5 is going to once again sell like hot cakes if the only thing to compete with it is the upcoming htc incredible 4g LTE.... a good phone but not going to get people too excited.
51. 14545 (Posts: 1290; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I really doubt that you "love androids" or you would know that they do have a 4 inch phone coming. It's called the incredible 4g. Not to mention, the Inc2 has as good of specs as the iphone and you could have gotten it. So excuse me if I don't believe this statement.
52. cfprelude (Posts: 124; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
really? never seen you post here before but check out my past posts and you'll know I've been a droid fan/owner since the og droid that i still use as my alarm clock :P and if u read my post above u'd know that i cited the inc 4g coming soon. so no, i won't "excuse u" lol iPhone 4 had a better camera and battery life which is what i cared about when i took the step back from my gnexus lte to a 3g phone again while holding onto my upgrade for a smaller lte phone with a good camera and battery life. currently a tall order so thats why i still have my iPhone4 :(
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, this is why the HD has a hell of a chance at being the top phone in the US. the Razr series has a good following.
16. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I see the red thumbs of a sheep unwilling to accept the truth.
26. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
lol I see fandroid that's cheering for victory despite the fact that one single iPhone gets 50% of US marketshare instead of hundreds of redundant device of Android.
30. tedkord (Posts: 8314; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
More lies. All three iPhones together get less than 1/3 of market share in the US.
31. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's not one single phone. There are more than 50 versions of the iPhone being sold as new in the U.S. right now, even more if you expand to count all of North America. Each carrier has its own special version, making them standalone models in one series.
37. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
does your way of counting equate to thousands of phones for Android?
100 available now * carriers * standalone * fragmentation ..?
44. tedkord (Posts: 8314; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Ironic you'd talk about fragmentation on the day that Apple announces that the original iPad won't get iOS6, and older iPhones will get castrated versions if it.
39. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Do you like to make up bulls**t off the top of your head?
45. tedkord (Posts: 8314; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Of course he does. Since the facts show that Android is dominating iOS, he has to make stuff up.
Hey, striker...I mean Qin, go wild next time and claim iOS has 100% market share. Enjoy yourself.
20. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This isn't official. iPhone had over 50% of all smartphone sales on VZW last quarter. This sounds like the false Thunderbolt reports.
However if true it is an impressive feat by Motorola.
22. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It's no coincidence that the price of the Maxx finally dropped to a reasonable price. It's funny because I've been saying all along that the price was the only thing that held the Maxx back.
23. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
@dvsmik3 no thanks i have an upgrade lol i dont enough money for full price.
55. dvsmik3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
No worries, I pre-ordered it to lock in my unlimited data. I'm hoping to sell it and get the razr HD when it comes out. Are you gonna use your upgrade for the gs3?
32. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Now if only Motorola would release a similar version for AT&T and T-Mobile...
38. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1024; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This is no surprise to me!! I knew that Verizon was doomed when they sold the iPhone using their 3G network knowing that they rolled out their LTE network at that time. Verizon wasnt patient enough to wait for Apple to unveil their LTE-enabled iPhone. LTE has been the bread and butter for verizon for over a year and to put the iPhone on "old" technology is asinine lol
the biggest test for both AT&T and Verizon will be the release of the new iPhone LTE!! Since the iPhone is the most data hogging device, we'll see who has the better LTE network for both calls and data!!
42. BattleBrat (Posts: 1319; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
THATS RIGHT BABY!! Finally, the RAZRs get some love!
47. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Maybe the fact the iPhone has sold more than any other phone might have something to do with it being the only option available if your an ios fan. The Razr Maxx outselling the iPhone is a great feat considering not only is it competing with a different operating system but it is also competing against other top options like the Nexus operating the same (actually newer) OS. Just a logical thought, but I would guess that comparing sales of the iPhone vs top tier android phone options on each network and androids come out on top every month other than possibly launch month of the iPhone. The people who are holding out for the latest iPhone is not an issue as I'm sure there are those waiting out for Razr HD coming out around the same time if not sooner, not to mention all the hype around the Galaxy SIII. It's becoming harder and harder for 1 company to stay a step above the collective developments and innovations of their competition.
50. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
HAHAH. Motorola can imporve BATTERY life more than any other manufactuere and not too mention the THINNESS of the RAZR. If I had verizon RAZR MAXX would be MY FIRST CHOICE