Might the Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II pass Android 4.2.2 by and jump right to 4.3?
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 00:55 posted on
While we will take this rumor with a grain of salt, it is worth discussing because it does make sense...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 107; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
That would be nice, but we can only hope... And wait
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Sadly the same can't be said about carrier based phones
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
And still waiting :D
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
In the U.S., it kind of depends on the carriers. VZW tends to take the longest to roll out upgrades, so I wouldn't be surprised to see VZW editions get v. 4.2.2 last.
3. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I'm already running the leaked 4.2.2 on my sons SIII so I've had time to tinker and enjoy it, but I have a feeling I'll be using 4.3 on a Note III before the update arrives on the II.
4. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I think I'll just stick with my 4.2.2 CyanogenMod build for my S3.
26. rightcue805 (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
does it have lte? i cant find a good rom that comes with lte
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Running 4.2.2 courtesy of LiquidSmooth on my i9300 since mid June, now. :)
19. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4767; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Isn't rooting the BEST thing since sliced bread?
I just can't have an Android phone with out rooting it. I REALLY like Root-Box, Carbon & PAC on my HTC Droid DNA.
If those are available on your phone check them out.
6. nicholassss (Posts: 366; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I think I'm going to stay on my AOKP 4.2.2 until 5 comes out on my note 2.
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Waiting for any updates, may it be 4.2 or 4.3. Advance thanks to samsung.
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
You see fellas? How many truly smart people we have here who root their phones and install a custom rom because they are tired of waiting and because they want to take advantage of everything Android offers?
You all should do it as well. It's easy. :)
18. Blazers (Posts: 382; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Need S-Pen functionality (which is only in TW), so sticking with CleanROM ACE 4.9 until Scott can update to 4.2.2 or 4.3.
9. Retro-touch (Posts: 269; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
That would be strange when there were leaks for the 4.2.2 ROM for S3, don't know about Note 2, and whenever there's smoke there's......
It was the same for the S2, leaks, videos etc, and the inevitable 4.1.2 update came, it'll be the same here, no surprises just natural progression to what we already know
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
There were leaks of 4.2.1 for the GS3 to, yet Samsung decided to skip that and work on 4.2.2, so they could just as easily skip 4.2.2 and go straight to 4.3 ,which would make sense.
10. austerus (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
Samsung has a really annoying policy, however, I do like my Note II.
I'm sticking with it and looking forward to 4.3 and 5.0 updates, but I'm slowly starting to consider other smartphone options as I don't like the snail updates.
It might be to Samsung's interest to pay attention to flagships and have older models come in second to updates, but it's not in my best interest.
13. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
You may as well leave Android unless you get a Nexus. Samsung are the fastest OEM at updating and they are the only OEM to have a 2011 device on JellyBean, the GS2. If their policy doesn't work for you you will go mad at every other OEM, unless you get a Nexus.
20. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Samsung is the fastest, but your second statement isn't true. The original Droid Razr is on Jellybean & that came out in 2011. The S2 might be the earliest released phone that's officially on JB though.
17. ajac09 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
most customers dont give a rats ass about upgrades anyways
21. justme (Posts: 50; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
And for your pedantic moment of the day...it's "TouchWiz". (Sorry..couldn't resist; I'm an editor.)
22. Topcat488 (Posts: 1348; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Assuming that this new TouchWhiz will also be in place with Android 4.3...
Starting 4th paragraph I know what you mean...
23. JunBringer (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Right now I'm on a kick where I'm just using stock 4.2.2 Liquid Smooth, so I'm not all that concerned one way or another. Hopefully they put out 4.3 soon though cause I'd like to see if it has anything other than camera changes.
24. vinaytevatia (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
Nice to learn that. I do not mind waiting.
25. alokdixit (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
The only thing that I am actually missing in my T-Mobile GS3 is group messaging.. 3rd Party apps are there but can't seem to figure them out.. With 4.2.2 update, group messaging will be included.. So I'd rather not wait for samsung to pass 4.3 and delay what seems to be already late on the 4.2.2 update.. Just my thought!
27. rightcue805 (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
ok im on a at&t samsung galaxy sIII and im rooted. I can't find a good root that comes with LTE that comes stock with A rom. Can anyone tell me a good rom