Microsoft's rumored McLaren 3D Touch-enabled device might have been canceled, too
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2014, 09:41 posted on
The rumor mill states that said device might not see the light of day at all. Why? Well, as a part of its recent upheaval, Redmond might have canceled the purported McLaren device. The device was allegedly due out this fall...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sip1995 (Posts: 1339; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I don't think they cancelled it, they just delay it for next year....
37. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Microsoft starting to understand that high end WP device not sold. People with lots of cash buying android and iOS phone.
3. rkoforever90 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
why cant they just cancel windowsphone, that will make things a lot easier
8. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The IS is growing more than ever before why don't you take your stupidity elsewhere.
29. sgodsell (Posts: 2411; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Please stop that crap about growing more then ever before. In Q1 2014 7.6 million WP devices sold (2.7% market share). That's down from Q4 2013 with 8.8 million WP devices. Which is down once again from Q3 2013 with 9.5 million WP devices. Android has never seen a drop, ever. Its always increased its sales globally every quarter. Go to IDC and check out the stats.
33. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Where do you get your info about Android have never seen a drop, why lie, also the smartphone game is a marathon not a sprint, you keep looking at quarterly shares YOY WP keeps growing, last year over 33 million devices were sold. Look at the big picture , keep up.
30. corporateJP (Posts: 2401; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Windows Phone is LOSING market share.
Instead of asking everyone about how much money Google/Samsung/Apple/Whoever is paying everyone here, the real question is how much are YOU and the five or so other circus acts posting on here on Microsoft's payroll for?
And, for the record, MS was nothing without Nokia in the mobile business, not the other way around as previously believed.
34. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Tell us YOY how WP has been losing share, each year it gets bigger, Android trolls day in day out, sad to see.
6. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Why would they cancel the trend setting OS that Android and iOS is mimicking visually?. Such a stupid comment to make.
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1606; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
WP 8.1 is basicly just adding features that have been on iOS and Android for ages. WP has influenced iOS and Android, but calling it copying is stupid.
20. elitewolverine (Posts: 3518; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
WinMobile had lots of features, win7 was reboot and win8 added them because android notification huggers needed it. I use notification for one thing, internet sharing everthing else is live tiles all the same. Not calling it use less but to me notification center is meh for my uses. On all platforms.
35. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
What those features were already on Windows mobile besides you naysayers and also other fans were asking for WP to adopt those features. No one requested Android and iOS add WP UI to their OS they did it out of admiration.
9. Trolloftheyear (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Please fire that eflop MS. I don't want you to suffer like Nokia. I don't care if it has anything to do with eflop but if that mole stays, you will only suffer.
19. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
And the Troll of the year award goes to... oh wait...
17. Bondurant (Posts: 291; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
I prefer Microsoft innovate rather than go the same line of pointless heart sensor or simply throw super high specs that will never be used in real world and which the Chinese phones will beat them on anyway.
18. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
God damn it! Just give a better camera than the 1020, mounted at a 1520/930 chassi and all will be fine with me.
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The L1030 should be out soon....?
26. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
By the way, I would gladly trade all this 3D gimmick for a snapdragon 801 5" waterproof 1020 successor. Just a bit faster camera would suffice.
27. Penny (Posts: 1446; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I understand that the entry-level smartphone market is where Microsoft is seeing some success, but they NEED to maintain consumer interest in high-end smartphones too. Without interest in the high-end market, there will be little desire for the lower-end market as well. People want what is popular, what is desired by others.
36. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Ain't that a kick in the teeth.
Seems like MS is imploding.