Microsoft’s new Windows Phone ad is (too) much like Google’s old Nexus commercial
In the latest Microsoft Windows Phone ad? More like plain stealing. At least, you can clearly see the strange similarity with a commercial Google released for the Nexus at about the same time last year.
Is it us, or does this seem a bit too familiar? What do you think?
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
well, almost all ads are same tho... Its hard to tell...
3. NickPeters (Posts: 62; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That's true. But not only commercials but most of the things in the industry these days. That's a little sad and boring.
20. the_best (Posts: 129; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
ok so anyone who acually listned to what they said cant honestly say these to are alike!
google is basicly saying that they have a phone for everybody, while microsoft says that they got a phone for you.
29. jtech (Posts: 100; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
It is nice to be an individual rather then just one person in a sea of people
23. -box- (Posts: 3536; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I was hoping for ad more like that for the Surface. No words, just demonstrating what the device can do and why it's appealing.
2. NickPeters (Posts: 62; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Copy...aaaaanndd CUT! Alright people, lets go for another scene... ;)
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Oh, only if WP can learn more from Android, not just those commercials.
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah because android was the first to have everything right......they dont need to learn anything we dont need an android clone
wp8 is doing fine
22. Whodaboss (Posts: 166; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
You're so right, if that were the case all these Android makers wouldn't be paying Microsoft Millions for as you put it things it "... can learn more from Android...". If Google/Android could/would create their own technology, then, just maybe then they could teach Microsoft something. Otherwise, let Android keep on being successful using all the technology they have "learned" to use from Microsoft.
31. jroc74 (Posts: 3625; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Well....it not like they use a boat load of tech from MS or that MS uses. Last I heard it had to do something with maps.
5. Lifengineer (Posts: 37; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Excuse me but I did not see one resemblance!!!
Unless if you mean that there are normal people on both ads! Then I agree! They should have used Martians!!!
8. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Me too unable to find any resemblance except google is showing features and MS is showing customization.
Don't blame anyone for stealing without any actual proof.
6. Saad073 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Before you accuse them of stealing, you might want to check the upload dates. Windows Phone video: November 11th. Nexus 4 video: November 16th.
Nice try, PA.
7. Saad073 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Oh wow what a fail. I just saw the dates again, and the Nexus video is from 2011. Sorry about that, you're all good PA :P
25. aahmed215 (Posts: 70; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
You didn't even need to see the dates. The Google Nexus obviously came out a year before Windows 8 phones.
10. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The redhead in the beginning if the video , she's hot . Anyone have her Facebook or know who she is ?
12. Altair (Posts: 278; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
What else you can expect from a copycat company like HTC? They steal everything, change it a bit and call it "innovative".
I just puke on HTC stuff.
16. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
What about crapsung ?
That wasnt even a HTC ad , its a microsoft ad
13. tigermcm (Posts: 596; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
It could be EXACT same commercial for all I care at least Microsoft finally has real commercials running should be all that matters
17. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
hey, google applied for a patent on that ad. if that was a lumia 920 that just sold out on pre orders in 30 minutes, id say "give me 1"
19. wp7tribes (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
i think Microsoft ad striking google ad
by saying " we are not for everybody we for the Individual "
the great thing about wp8 is that you customize the look of your start screen depending on your interest music - book - social - gaming - news - fashion etc
21. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
You're exactly right! I think MS, by releasing this ad, is trying to answer Google's ad that came out a year ago, not copy it... I think that is clever.
24. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
It's a stretch, the only real similarity is that they are obviously both trying to advertise to 18-25 year old markets, with all the images of hip people in the Google ad. While in the WP8 ad it's more about the persons start screen being them. Does anyone else think the guy with the purple one looks like a goofy Ben Stiller?
26. rsiders (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Similar commercials but Windows Phone clearly reflects the personality of the individual and that's why I love it. But I did like the Google ad too.
27. cdgoin (Posts: 354; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Nothing alike, other than describing the people that use the phones. Artistically and visually they are nothing alike. Who writes some of the junk that is on PA..?
28. RapidCat (Posts: 350; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
i don't see something usefull apps or feature on windows 8 ads.
only see sea of tiles.
whats the point MS?
32. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Well, if it was similar to Apple's commercials they would be in court by now