Microsoft's Super Bowl Ad shows how the Microsoft Surface Pro can change the life of an ALS sufferer
0. phoneArena 01 Feb 2014, 21:14 posted on
It's sadly ironic. Steve Gleason, a former safety for the New Orleans Saints, made one of the most dramatic plays in Saints' history. Thanks to Hurricane Katrina, the people of New Orleans had suffered terribly. With the Saints unable to play in the Superdome for 21 months, Gleason blocked a punt in the first quarter of the first game in the Superdome in close to two years...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The surface ad is good, but it just kills me that there most likely won't be a huge WP Superbowl commercial....
30. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I was thinking the same thing, WP is seen as the red headed stepchild over at MS even though in my opinion it is one of their best product ever.
34. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Reason why I don't support Microsoft.
35. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who cares why you don't support MS? Just buy Google or Apple...
Quit leaching off my comments....
36. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
This is a free forum. I speak my mind and its the truth!
Not my fault that Microsoft don't provide for their customer. Poor poor xbox live windows user. LOL!!
40. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
rodneyej1, let have a peace treaty quit bullsxxt talk on Android and Samsung article.
I will also do likewise in your nokia and wp8 article.
47. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You show me where I have BS talked on a Android, and Samsung article, and I will agree, and we have a deal...
44. luxzy801 (Posts: 140; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
Wow bro, those are some weak a** reasons. Someone seems a bit butthurt!
45. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
My philosophy is to place my purchases on the strongest and therefore will never be butt hurt. Samsung and Google might be strong now but before them is Apple and before Apple is Microsoft.
I know I said mean things to rodneyej1 and NokiaFTW, I want to give peace a chance because I believe in what's good goes around come around.
48. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Just show us where we troll like you.. If it's valid then I'll admit it...
Put up, or shut up❕
57. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am a supporter for that service so I bought a few games and DLC. Now I can't download those games or activate their DLC. No refund too. Its not a big deal as majority of my PC games are at steam.
That's not all, Microsoft is push their fans to support Xbox One therefore will shut down Xbox 360 in 3 years vs Sony Playstation 10 years support after the launch of their Next Gen console.
That's the Microsoft I know.
58. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Investigation on-going. Windows Life is dead. I get connection error when I launch the Window Marketplace program. Microsoft is a big business entity that does not think for their consumer pull the plug without succession path.
So should I still support them buying their product?
60. luxzy801 (Posts: 140; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
Yea bro, you should. Like I said, it sounds like a weak a** reason.
So, just to make my point, im not going to support google products because they do not update all of the devices running android to KitKat!!! Also, Im not going to support Apple products because all of their sh** is proprietary.
If that is your only reason for not supporting a company, then your butthurt about something.
Let me tell you about a let down, and I still somewhat support them.
For over 10 years I have been a loyal Windows Mobile customer. I had the latest and greatest Windows Mobile Phones, you know, the ones that could do exactly what Android could but years before android even came to light. Then they come out and smash everyone over the head with this restricted BS called Windows Phone 7 and screwed all their loyal WinMo customers such as myself, and they are not getting any better. Like I always said, If I wanted an iPhone, I would buy an iPhone!
So please tell me you got a better reason for not supporting them and not this little lame excuse that your precious game is not working because your the only one that likes it.......
62. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am not here to reason with WP fans. I am here to state the fact. Be it $30, $300 or $3000. People invest money because of trust.
From the way Microsoft run its Services that charge money, the more you put in the more you with lose. I have seem how others run their business especially those that charge their customer. e.g steam vs market place (eol) ; xbox 1 (eol) right after xbox 360 launch vs ps2 10 additional years of support after ps3 launch.
Food for thought those that thinking between xbox one and ps4.
WP fans you will hear more from me soon. Lol!
63. luxzy801 (Posts: 140; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
"I am here to state the fact"
Me too, so I guess people really trust a fully open source product that the most amateur hacker can rip and take most of your data in a single swoop since google made it so easy by uniting all of their products into one. Oh and I guess we all trust Apple so much with all of their money hungry proprietary crap that they have been doing for well over two decades. I am no fan of WP either bro, and they do manage to rip people from time to time, but you cant tell me that Microsoft holds less trust than google, if that is what you are saying, you are the blindest fanboy of them all.
Sorry bro, just stating the facts!
2. DnB925Art (Posts: 1014; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Now this is a piece of tech that can truly help someone.
3. papss (unregistered)
Great ad... M$ needs more like this.
4. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
That's nice but, a company should NOT be using his/anyone's condition to promote their stuff.
Intel provides the tech for Stephen Hawking's wheelchair but they never advertise that, as far as I know.
5. papss (unregistered)
Many companies do this... Energizer with its heart battery saving lifes. Nice spin thought though.
20. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
And you think i personally went upto Energizer and congratulated their wonderful advertising team?
To all those people who say i am targetting only MS, i'll quote my comment:
" ...>a company< should NOT be..."
Nowhere, in my comment, did i mention MS and MS isn't the only company.
29. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
At the same time Microsoft is giving the ALS foundation lots of advertising. This is win/win for both.
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What if it was a Google ad?
Lets see if you can do it... Let us hear you say something positive about WP, and Microsoft.... It would be the first time..
10. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Here's the question: Is this a Microsoft app? Probably not. It's just a typical app made for any x86 based computer running windows. And now any tablet running Win8.1 can run it without resorting to spending a fortune on a surface.
Now, is this available for Android? Probably not. But with the marketshare of the ipad, it might be. A lot of the advantages of Windows being around forever is starting to dwindle.
14. Pdubb (Posts: 248; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Until an iPad can do two things at once the advantages will stay the same.
13. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4371; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
For me it doesn't matter who does it, if google had done this I'd lose a lot of respect for them as well. Maybe it comes from working with people who have these issues, but even though they need special care, the last thing they want is to be put on display for everyone to gawk at. They simply want to try and retain some dignity and not be reminded constantly that they can't do all the things they used to.
I don't hate everything that MS does, I still use my Vista notebook all the time. As you know from our past discussions, I'm not a fan of W8 and the direction they're going, but just because I don't like that doesn't mean there aren't things I like about them as well. There are things I don't like about pretty much any company, Google included. What I don't get is why you think that if people have ANY criticisms about Microsoft or Windows that they hate them or are just being petty. None of these companies or OSs are perfect, and there's nothing wrong with having an opinion that isn't 100% supportive of them. If all you do is praise them, they'll never see or fix whatever problems they do have.
If you don't believe me, here are my problems with Google.
1. Them wanting everyone to have every little thing linked, like personal info, photos, YouTube, my schedule, etc. Some things I like to keep private.
2. Trying to force everyone to the cloud by removing expandable storage from phones. For things like pictures, music, and videos, the read speeds on SD cards are fine, and I'd rather not use my data allowance to access my files when I could simply store them all on my phone.
3. Selling Moto off. Why not give projects like the Moto X a chance to get traction before you write them off?
4. Being more honest about their dealings with the NSA. Whether they forced them or they went into it willingly, just tell us. Simply saying they knew nothing about it doesn't hold water, there's no way they didn't know what was going on.
5. Their dealings with MS. I don't know if they're POd because of the lawsuits, but just give them the same apps that they give Apple. While they're not legally bound to do so, it seems like kind of a d#*k move not to do so.
So those are my issues with Google. When I have a problem with a company, I'm not just being petty or vindictive, it's because I have an actual problem with them. We good now?
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, we're good.. Of course..
And, I don't mind people stating negative facts about Microsoft.. That would be immature, and super biased, of me.. If you notice I only attack the obvious haters who just nitpick, and unnecessarily find something negative to say... It's always the same handful of children who do so.. I even point out negative things about MS.. Its not like I'm some clueless, idiot who refuses to believe that MS can do no wrong.. No, that's not me, and some fools on here would like to make everyone believe that.. If I cared to I could make a long list of things that frustrate me about MS, and some of the things that I would list would be some of the exact things that immature haters repeat over, and over, for no constructive reason..
And, that's just it.. It's all about reasonable, mature, constructive criticism VS petty, immature, insecure, fearfully, hatred...
We're not all in the same league here.
32. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Of course you are, hypocrite, mr "I didn't hear a "reasonable, mature, constructive criticism VS petty, immature, insecure, fearfully, hatred... ""