Microsoft’s SkyDrive suffers legal defeat in the UK and EU
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2013, 16:55 posted on
British judge Sarah Asplin ruled that evidence “revealed confusion amongst real people” regarding...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lyndon420 (Posts: 3370; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Just stay away from anything that contains the word sky.
2. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3318; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Microsoft Cloud Drive. Simple, wouldn't have infringed, and it has cloud in the name rather than something associated with clouds (sky).
3. smallworld (Posts: 474; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
"Microsoft’s SkyDrive suffers legal defeat in the UK and EU"
- as if UK wasn't in the EU -_-
7. Maxwell.R (Posts: 210; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Well, you're right to a point, but the UK kept its currency and remains about as "apart from" as anyone could act. While it has representation in the EU, there does not appear to be much interest in expanding its role.
20. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
@ Maxwell,just admit you got the UK - EU thing wrong,don't confuse the euro zone which uses the Euro currency and other EU members who opt to keep their local currency but still in EU eg: Sweden Denmark UK and presumably Cech republic they're all the 28 EU member states
5. papss (unregistered)
Now this is just silly... What next? Let's ban all real words fro. Being used in any product.. Skydrive will now be called fgsjdufnjr
6. papss (unregistered)
Now this is just silly... What next? Let's ban all real words from Being used in any product.. Skydrive will now be called fgsjdufnjr
8. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
I see the UK education system is broken too. How the heck does one confuse "Skydrive" with "BSkyB"? Please tell me how? Oh, I see... the both have the word Sky. What's even funnier as I look on this site I see the advertising for "edX". I was so confused that I called them to find out how much it would cost to ship my package. They told me they are "edX" not "fedX". You can't make this stuff up. Lol!
9. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
SkyActiv, Skyline, Sky, Skype... This ruling is junk.
If they have to rename it, maybe Online Storage, Cloud Safe, Virtual Safe, etc etc
13. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
The same dumb people that thinks SkyDrive is something related to Sky, will think that Virtual Safe is an online bank or a means to get their precious stuff and money safe on the net... suddenly every brand name became misleading to some people >_< Why not sue HTC for the misleading "One" smartphone then?
11. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Hard to believe. Must the word "Sky" be omitted in all services and products?
I don't see how this is Microsoft's fault, and not the few ignorant users.
12. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
What's next? People suing Will Smith and 20th Century Fox et al. just because they thought the movie "I, Robot" was made by Apple, because of the "I"? Come on! SkyDrive can be found only on Microsoft's domains, and stuff, not on Sky (news, TV, whatever) things >_
14. kushki (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Are they that dumb? Do they go to a local farmer when their Apple iPhone behave strange?
17. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 217; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Man, thats a good one. Couldn't help laughing.
22. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
16. pongkie (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
skynet is in trouble bring out the terminator
18. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 217; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
The British public is dumb, but the judge seems to be dumber.