Microsoft's Q3 earnings down from last year, CFO stepping down
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 18:10 posted on
Just to erase any confusion over this, Microsoft deals with its earnings call a bit differently than other companies. So, Microsoft's earnings call that happened today was for the company's fiscal Q3, which matches the calendar Q1, meaning that we're talking about the same timeframe of January to March as with Google's earnings call earlier...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Why is this different to what the verge is reporting here "Microsoft just released its fiscal Q3 2013 statement, with overall revenue of $20.49 billion up 18 percent year-over-year" and "At the end of the day, however, Microsoft had a healthy quarter — total net income for the quarter was $6.06 billion, up 18.5 percent year-over-year".Also Engadget sounds neutral in their reporting while you guys, just from the title, sound like Microsoft is facing a huge crisis. This is what i call unprofessional reporting.
10. papss (unregistered)
See that's where you misunderstood this site... It's only bloggers, they have no real care to really tell the news but more their spin on reality sort of like fox news..
11. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Why don't u see its form Mr Michel. He has a tendency to defame some companies(in this article MS) and write enthusiastically about Google. I like this site but We tech guys deserve better writings from Phonearena,
20. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
I also dont get it they saying wp8 getting boost devices got boost where the hell is the decline then O_o or they just want to make MS look bad typical media tactics i guess
26. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Alos just cheked Microsoft earnings my self after reading what PCWorld wrote and apparently MS got a year over year growth in all the devisions lol.This article is a fail.
2. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
too bad it was not the CEO stepping down.
12. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't get it, why everyone hate Elop? Just because Elop killed Symbian? Symbian is dying before Elop become Nokia's CEO! And because Elop didn't choose Android? Elop wants to try something new, and there's nothing wrong with Nokia and WIndows Phone!
Remember! Android is not gonna rule forever!
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
We were talking about Steve Ballmer and his Amazing Punchable Face (TM).
15. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm talking about Stephen Elop and Nokia! :P
16. Sniggly (Posts: 7115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Apparently there are some Steve Ballmer fans here.
GO AHEAD, DOWNTHUMB ME.
DOESN'T MAKE ME WRONG.
17. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm Peter Chou's fan! (HTC CEO)
I'm Kazuo Hirai's fan! (Sony CEO)
There, how about that? :P
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
althgouh i like WP8 and its other Stuff i also dont like Steve Balmer style and overconfidence in many things.
18. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Dude did you even read the article? This whole thing is about MS. So naturally the guys were talking abt Ballmer.
21. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ROFL ELOP isnt in article here MS CEO is Steve balmer is CEO i guess
3. pongkie (Posts: 503; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I still can't believe they made money on office 365
8. papss (unregistered)
I happen to like office 365..
6. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
U guys also put a negative spin on anything ms or Nokia or windows
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they dont its only few of you guys and PA anti MS / Nokia blogers who make them look bad in real life i dont hear bad words from guys of any type
WP8 is a new OS u simply dont like it cuz u dont want it othervise it is brilliant Ads free OS and customizable its just people dont know how there are many legal tricks for that i just discovered one last week :D and it made my WP7.8 look much intersting now
24. Sniggly (Posts: 7115; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Windows Phone is all right. It's really the company, and their insistence that they dump the traditional Windows interface for one that doesn't work nearly as well on computers, that I can't stand.
25. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
there is rummor they gona bring that old desktop option back for win8.1 maybe on some extend
but i would bet on the Skinery Software if MS support them on full scale for their ideas they are making most brillient cusotmization option for Wp8 and win8
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 1769; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
How much has ms made from 'Android licenses' so far?
19. jeff1434325 (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
I dotn really get this news by Michael H. of PA. this is so different from the news on Yahoo finance & Google finance.
Investors Business Daily----"Microsoft Clears 'Low Bar' With Q3 Results; Stock Up."
Wall St. Cheat Sheet------"Radar Movers: Microsoft and Google Impress Wall Street, IBM Sinks 4%"
Oh please michael, you're NOT doing your research very well-----YOUR FIRED!!!