Microsoft's Cortana has a perfect track record in predicting World Cup victories
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2014, 14:45 posted on
Using Bing-powered algorithms, Windows Phone's Cortana managed to correctly predict the results of 9 FIFA World Cup matches until now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Finalflash (Posts: 1946; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
OMG, its the reincarnation of the match predicting octopus. ALL HAIL PRIDOCTOPUS.
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3710; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I'm still missing that octopus.....
17. Liveitup (Posts: 1708; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Who cares if its a stunt or not, she has been dead on. Kudos to Cortana. Brazil ended up beating Columbia also.
19. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1336; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Cortana is cool, but that is no big feat. She predicted the group winners all winning in the Rd of 16 (They all did), and the favorites to win today (They did). It's just simple statistical analysis, and all of the work has already been done for you.
21. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It isn't even a Cortana feature it is just pulling information from Bing (Still owned by Microsoft).
36. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 96; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
umm, Microsoft owns BING and Cortana...
3. tincholioi (Posts: 9; Member since: 04 Jul 2014)
she'd better predict my country to win haha
4. brrunopt (Posts: 591; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Google predicted France would win... Now we know witch one is better
26. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3643; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lmfao... 8 wp kids +1ed you, thinking you were serious LOL.
28. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Have you mistaken us WP fans and users for your childish brains? Oh, I get it, you're still not brainy enough to understand sarcasm.
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3643; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Fanboys like you don't have brains anyway. Stupid shill.
35. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Fanboys don't have no merits, like Nokiaftw.
7. fzacek (Posts: 2326; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It's pretty obvious that Brazil is a better team than Colombia. Brazil even won the 2002 FIFA World Cup...
8. DogeShibe (Posts: 1045; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Well i don't have cortana yet,but they said we'll get it in first two weeks of july,so i got that going for me...which is nice :)
Football isn't my sport anyway.
12. rd_nest (Posts: 898; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It doesn't need a multi million dollar machine to predict a Brazil win over Colombia. You just need common sense, and basic knowledge of football.
13. Cyberchum (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That easy huh? Bet you must won loads of bucks on betting and pretty sure you see Costa Rica mauling Uruguay.
24. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
your comment shows you've zero knowledge of football.
20. a_tumiwa (Posts: 325; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
omg that david luiz is so good when playing for country, when he played for chelsea, he is just average
22. -box- (Posts: 3915; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Well, she's from the future, so of course she knows the outcomes ;)
25. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Germany has one of the deepest rosters and is a heavy favorite... doesn't take digital predilection to pick Die Mannschaft.
31. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Oki up for challenges:
2014 WC predictions:
WP Cortana vs Android Google Now vs Apples Siri
Who will win?
32. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3643; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Fanboys like you don't have brains anyway.