Microsoft's Bing Voice for Windows Phone to take on Siri and Google Now with faster voice recognition (video)
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 04:20 posted on
Microsoft Research is prepping a new Bing Voice search that is coming, which is so fast at voice recognition, that it doesn't even wait for you to finish the sentence, like Siri and Google do, but goes word-for-word...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I tried it before on lumia920 during the event, to be honest, it's fast response, too bad it's Bing... I prefer Google actually :)
2. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
believe me guys, history change itself. The next one or two years the equation between IOS, Android and WP will be the same. and we will get as customers a great flexibility to select the suitable platform for you.
3. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
MS needs to stop comparing themselves to the best (bing challenge, windows phone challenge) because it obviously hasn't worked and all they look is sad. If they want real success they need to differentiate not improve incrementally.
5. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
True, but at the same time, differentiate from what?! Search and Voice Companion apps are pretty one way. They want to fight the competition. It's just their way of marketing.
42. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they did not comapred this on vedio with others if u saw the video they did comaprison between their own older and newer algorithm
but its the PA who is showing like they are comparing with others news cahnnels do minipulate like this
4. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Microsoft really does need a better voice companion inbuilt on their Windows Phone, it just doesn't cut it.
7. papss (unregistered)
I've started using Bing versus google and it has its pluses (Bing rewards thank you) and has its down sides (not as deep with search). I'll gladly give up Gmail ( my last google service besides google plus) for outlook.
24. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I liked gmail when it was introduced. .. now I like outlook mail...its clean neat and fresh...I feel soo good to send mails from outlook mail then gmail these days
8. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
good job microsoft now make it smart and it would probably kill siri and G-voice untill then not bad
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Actually Daniel Google recognizes word by word, this is just the equivalent to Google voice search with instant
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
SMART is more important, not FAST!
13. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
now wp is trying to catch up!! apple with siri android with now blackberry with voice control and wp with bing voice...this should be interesting
14. f1r3z0r (Posts: 87; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
nice improvement but android still far away
19. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I just used his first voice test with Google Now on my Optimus G, it was comparable in speed. I'd say the recognition return was faster on his windows phone (the new software), but only just. My search results came up at the same time though.
In conclusion, good job on the voice recognition, but stop using Bing.
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Doesn't matter if it's fast...it's still Bing
43. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its ads free too which is anther ++ for bing search
21. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I don't see what's wrong with Bing. It's pretty and actually gives about the same search results as Google. Most of Google's results are repeats anyway.
45. papss (unregistered)
Very true.. It's 50% blind fanboyism and 50% perception.. Bing is pretty damn good actually
25. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Android is recognised with its 90% best apps and its now even by its 8 core processor, 2gb ram to be lag free... wp is recognised by only its 10% good apps fludic smooth and quality built nokia mobiles.... and ms is trying to show more what they are up.. but still not up to and will take time... and as a xperia z owner I aw waiting to wp to grow up... so that I will again plan up to buy wp8/9 once whatsapp can save share any audio and video file and others special apps like sms hide eg. Hide it pro (audio manage) ... is on wp