Microsoft’s 'Age of Empires' coming to Android and iOS
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 06:14 posted on
Microsoft will bring one of its most popular game franchises, ‘Age of Empires’ to both Android and Apple’s iOS platforms…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Never been a fan of this series
13. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
You're crazy. I got ranked top 5 in DM for age of empires 3 back when I used to play in 2007 or so. This game is the best!
15. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Its one of the best PC platform strategy games in history!!! Can't wait!!!
18. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 306; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Agreed, I can't wait for this game to release on the android OS.
16. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
why care to exert an effort and post a comment on this article?
20. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 306; Member since: 26 May 2011)
don't believe it since you took the time to make a comment
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I've loved the series! Spend my childhood playing the First AoE, the Conquerors, Age of Kings and then AoE III. By the way which release of AoE is being ported to phone? Any ideas?
It'll be a delight to play on large screen lablets, but not meant for phones for sure.
6. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
i think its the online version that they're porting. would be cool to see it go cross platform
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Actually game of this kind is not really playable on phone sized screens. If you had played then you should know what I'm talking about. And of course Win8 tablets can run the original one pretty fine.
7. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
I agree. The UI and placement of controls is something that they have to get spot-on! Otherwise it will just interfere with gameplay. If they can pull that off, then hats off!
9. muhsen (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
its coming to windows phone afterwards (read the source) but phonearena thought that android and ios r good enough to make a title that grabs attention which will drive some wp users to comment " what about windows phone " ? to bring more attention and more comments
11. juandante (Posts: 449; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
A bit stupid it doesn't come on Windows Phone whereas it's a originaly Windows game... Anyway waiting for Empire Earth, no idea how they will set up the controls for a touchscreen phone but it's way better than Ages of Empire in my opinion :)
8. muhsen (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
u forgot that its also coming to windows phone afterwards....have u read the whole article from the source u mentioned ?
typical phonearena .....take the snippet u want from the news and leave the rest
10. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
this was one among my most favorite games....
14. amats69 (Posts: 1217; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow! I really love this game.I'm excited to play this in my HTC one! With no lags! :-)
17. nicholassss (Posts: 361; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I never got in to Age because I was too busy play civ.