Microsoft working on a strange Google Glass "competitor"
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2012, 15:15 posted on
There have already been reports of a much cheaper (and far less functional) competitor to Google's Project Glass, but this is the first we've seen about a likely real competitor from a major company. Microsoft has filed patent applications for its own version of Project Glass...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Google;s approach appeals more to me cuz it offers more info and its not as limited as Microsoft's
2. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Windows glasses. Using nokia citylens?
3. Haxagon (Posts: 8; Member since: 13 Jun 2011)
It will also include Augmented-augmediated reality and virtual reality for use with the next Xbox streaming and home platform.
4. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I'd wear these when I go to giants, 49er, and kings games. : )
5. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
hell I may even wear these at warped tour. :)
6. androidCrap (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
This is better than wearing that cyborg s**t that only make you look like derp.
7. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nope, this looks like that ugly 3 % market share OS it is based on, Windows Phone 8.
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 1866; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Look like google is the only one with fresh idea. What happened to apple and microsoft?
Even samsung innovate faster than those two despite having to confront lawsuits from both ends.
15. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
This was not Google's idea its a concept long pending and I remember one used in a mission impossible film by Tom.
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 1866; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Then star trek should own all apple design patents.
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont think this is innovation now... just a copy! but still a good product!!! competition is good! so that more and more innovation and modification!
16. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
And Google copied this idea from military helmets and films.
Almost all things are inspired by something and competition is always good for the consumers.
18. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
basically i see it as trying to make sci-fi a reality.....all these things were in cheap sci fi shows and now we are seeing them been made a reality
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 1469; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Just stay on your side of the fence ms. Good luck with this product though.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And pretty soon they will start to sue GOOGLE like Apple will. But Google is the only one that actually have a WORKING PROTOTYPE.