Microsoft worked on a Surface Phone?
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 23:19 posted on
While we told you on Friday that Nokia had tested Android powered handsets before accepting the acquisition offer from Microsoft, word came out on Friday about another interesting matter involving the giant software company; it seems that Microsoft had produced prototypes of a Microsoft Surface Phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. amansingal14 (Posts: 272; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
3 years and we may once again see the original Nokia back, the one that owns the NSN... Oh I wish that Nokia cones back with an Android bang...
6. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
If Nokia made a Android phone with
4.7 inch 1080p clear black display + supersensitive touch
quad core processor
41mp pure view camera
a Nokia ui close to stock ui
Nokia maps service
and remember Nokia can put all skill to that phone unlike WP which is limited to MS restrictions.
I think it will sell more than current Lumia.
now its all just dreams we all should get use to MS & Nokia.
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1185; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
So this would have been, a vanilla wp8 phone?
17. akki20892 (Posts: 2361; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
U get my profile picture dude. We just want to see same phone like my profile picture have.
14. volcano (Posts: 221; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
nope you won't everything about nokia smartphones, hardware and services devision moved to microsoft including 32000 skilled nokia employees
19. volcano (Posts: 221; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I said "Skilled nokia employees"
members of newkia wasn't worthy enough to keep
20. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Please don't insult people you know nothing about.
22. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 728; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
most likely scenario nokia comes gives a piggy back to jolla and newkia and then welcome to the market !
2. promise7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
if it looked similar to the surface tablet i think it would have been pretty nice. i think the surface tab looks similar to the ubuntu edge.
3. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
No need for one. Every lumia phone is a surface phone ;-)
4. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
This would be amazing. If Microsoft made a Nexus like device but from them. Off contract and cheap but they release it with a major overhaul of windows phone. Surface Phone ftw
5. woodwong (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 May 2013)
what a cute couple cheated on each other and end up getting married
7. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Ha ha ha nice one dude
Hope they get divorced soon Lol....
10. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 489; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
If they devorce soon. Nokia will be doomed..
8. Kishin (Posts: 488; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Should we be expecting MS surface phone soon??
9. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
It would be cool if is like a nexus phone by google.
impressive specs + affordable price tag.
15. volcano (Posts: 221; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i was looking forward for a surface phone in the future we will get a mix of surface and lumia smartphones a mix of two giants MS and Nokia in one product its going to be epic
hardware and software
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
At the end of the day ... with a partner like MS Nokia needed no other enemy. Embrace, Extend and Exterminate -- typical M$ game.
Way back M$ screwed RAVANTIVIRUS because they were the cheapest and best AV for LINUX servers. That time CLAMAV was in infancy and early beta if i recall correctly. Thanks that clamav picked up after that and that's free ...
What did the company that owned the IP of RAVANTIVIRUS do with he money?
Well, they were smart enough .. they came out with MS Exchange alternative -- AXIGEN -- and maybe now waiting for another buyout :)
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5486; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
=QU2Np-t9foMremember when MS have their oldie Windows 7 prototype phone from three years ago?