Microsoft will sell adult-rated games in the Windows 8 store, after all
At first, it seemed like due to the differences in the rating systems in the US and Europe, some titles, which have been given the green light in the US, have been denied in the EU. BUT, with this new change in Microsoft's Windows App guidelines, programs with ratings over PEGI16 and ESRB MATURE will, in fact, be allowed to corrupt the otherwise happy and cheerful atmosphere of the marketplace. This won't happen until December, though. Until then, those titles will still be nonexistent in the store.
Some of the games that fall into this category that Windows 8 tablet users will be able to play include Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Skyrim - titles which every normal game store wants to have in its catalog.
1. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Great news with Assasin's creed 3 and Black ops 2 on the way....
15. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The man picture next to the Article Kinda looks like a clown if You don't look into The details much
7. Topcat488 (Posts: 1250; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sounds like Mitt Romney is running the show... Flip - Floppers unite eh.
6. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Microsoft is looking more and more promising after all. Why should everyone have to suffer because parents can't control their out-of-control insolent kids!?
8. anshul0000 (unregistered)
Microsoft is now 18+
9. Cyan3boN (Posts: 438; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
skyrim? I didn't know they actually made one for mobile phones. kudos to that
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
it's not actually made for mobile, it's still is a legacy game.
10. skaar18 (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I have a question. on the windows surface 8 pro... (i don't know what order windows surface 8 pro are suppose to be.) anyways...
will it be possible to install counter strike on it? will it be able to install steam? dishonored? where does the limit go for what i can download and use on it?
13. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Of course, the surface Pro comes with an Intel Ivy bridge i5 in it, so you won't have any issues running those types of games..unless you're planning to play these games maxed out !
12. ReallyEhly (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
So excited they are putting Skyrim on there! Have been a fan since Morrowind, and haven't looked back. I hope that next year The Elder Scrolls Online will be integrated into this as well!