Microsoft turns aim to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 in latest Microsoft Surface 2 ad
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2013, 20:02 posted on
Just the other day, we showed you a new commercial from Microsoft that praised the Microsoft Surface 2 and made fun of the Apple iPad Air's lack of a USB port. On Wednesday, it was the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1's turn to get lambasted by Microsoft. Actually, there is a USB port on the Samsung slab, just not a full-sized one...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Ok, that's enough Microsoft.... How far are you going to go???
10. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
And...this is why so many of us are starting to hate Microsoft. Why explicitly bash other products, when you can improve your sales by making a decent product?
Samsung and Apple got to where they are now without mocking competitors' devices in their ads.
20. Commentator (Posts: 3684; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Samsung: "The Next Big Thing" ads mocked Apple.
Apple: "I'm a Mac" ads mocked Microsoft.
What goes around...
22. volcano (Posts: 348; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
its not enough they are going after all their competitors "apple and samsung"
its called competition ...............
32. androidrockzz (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
Microsoft latest strategy do not leave any competitors out of apple, samsung, google, etc. These tabs can do many and much more things than the microsoft tabs do.
43. Mrmark (Posts: 277; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
They are selling the features and benefits of there products ...something that stores sells people have no clue how to do... They just say buy the Fruit Tablet
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 21204; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
#1 selling tablet:apple
#2 selling tablet:Samsung
Microsoft your commercials aren't working.
31. mayur007 (Posts: 565; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
honestly mobile world revolves around samsung and apple only...
thats the reason they are bashed by every company...
3. thecorrescode (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Microsoft have't heard of OTG cables? I bet they don't support that.
4. guest (Posts: 338; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Why do they need to support it when a normal USB just works?
11. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
The point is that the USB port isn't actually a selling point, when you can just use an OTG cable.
25. badbullet (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
It is a selling point when you can't connect a device and charge at the same time. That is the point.
40. buccob (Posts: 2564; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I usually do not like commercials like this... but they do have a point... and I am against MHL for that same reason...
For me, the advantages of getting the waterproof phone that I have, is that it comes with pins for a charger dock which frees the microUSB port to be used for something else (OTG, mouse, pendrives, etc)
And it also has an additional microHDMI port...
BUT now the tendencies are MHL, and SONY is even making the MHL port unaccessible when placed in a charging dock... so it makes it a lot more useless than my 2 y/o device...
I which I could upgrade RAM and processor in my phone.
42. Mrmark (Posts: 277; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Why would they need to support these feature when they have a USB port ..... Besides that Windows and RT does support OTG cables ..... I have the Nokia 2520 !
5. apurb.lal (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Oct 2013)
All microsoft needs right now is a mirror..... Please someone show them, how crappy is windows phone 8 ,RT os. Android and IOS are way better than that... Only thing that keeps this company going is its Windows for PC.. Now they are trying to compare surface pro with its android and ios competitors,,, please compare the battery backup 1st... Worst of all, u have completely doomed the fate of an awesome company like Nokia.... MICROSH°T is just pathetic......
24. znellu (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Don't be so ignorant. It's not a Surface Pro they showed in there. It's a Surface with RT. They aren't idiots to compare a full Windows PC to Android and iOS devices.
6. droidgoms (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
microsoft do your job properly you try to bullsh.t others..... but your so late.....after all
7. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I don't think a full sized USB port is as big of a deal breaker as they think.
8. jroc74 (Posts: 6005; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
It isnt, and I agree... But...
It makes Surface tablets look more like computers vs other tablets. Love Android to death...but I have said since Surface was released...I would get that as my first tablet.
44. buccob (Posts: 2564; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I you have an Asus Transformer with the keyboard dock, it is not such a big deal... It gives you keyboard, touchpad, battery, USB port and SD port...
9. Sauce (unregistered)
That's funny... 0:05 "Adapter required, sold seperately"
Meanwhile in the same ad they make fun of Samsung for having to purchase seperate adapters..
F A I L
29. badbullet (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
As to the adapter fine print 5 seconds in...To display on another monitor, you'll need just a cable (micro HDMI to HDMI cable or micro HDMI to DVI depending on monitor or tv). But you don't need an adapter to plug a camera with a proprietary cable to USB, into the Surface. You will need to lug around an adapter for that cable to be able to plug it into the Galaxy Tab. And to get the Galaxy to display on an external display, you need an actual adapter or multimedia dock, and then the HDMI cable. So, yeah, advantage goes to Surface for connecting external devices.
12. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
I guess they're attacking Samsung because Samsung decline their proposal for dual boot android and wp. What a sore loser.
13. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
MS is acting like a loser (maybe it is),the first surface was not a home run and they still don't see why.
15. taikucing (unregistered)
So what? There's no difference between full sized USB port & micro USB port. You only need an OTG cable which only costs 2 - 3 dollars
16. kamejoko (Posts: 203; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
SF2, low resolution + very thick + heavy than Ipad AIR and note 10.1 - 2014.
17. MartyK (Posts: 816; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
This has nothing to do with the Note 10.1, it's about the galaxy tab 10.
Got see, Samsung makes a Tab and a Note tablet.
18. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Microsoft please sell at least 100 surface 2 before you can talk.
19. MartyK (Posts: 816; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Microsoft really don't want to compare the Note 10.1 with all it's feature, to the surface 1,2,3 nor 4..
The Note 10.1 has way to many features for MS or IPad unit to compete with
21. Aplusk (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
atleast windows is not lagy like android and closed like ios.
it will get apps as time moves on.
take a look at dell venue 8 pro & dell venue11 pro. its geting better.
26. Troysyx (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
How much longer are people still going to use that 'laggy' argument that hasn't been at all true for almost two years now? Possibly more!
39. nadarbsm (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Dell Venue 8 Pro & Dell Venue 11 Pro... as the name says it uses full windows 8.1 not the sh*t windows RT....
23. volcano (Posts: 348; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
its a valid point you all know it so stop whinning
34. kylehudsons (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
is that even legal.....??? i mean bashing others product directly in ads??
36. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Treating fans of another platform with contempt and derision seems to be ok when it's android oem's dishing it out
35. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
android fanboys always get defensive when you point out a flaw in a product. The above advertisement presents an undisputed fact, nothing more and nothing less.
It's funny how nobody was up in arms over the "next big thing" ads by samsung, even though Apple fans were portrayed as mindless idiots
37. ady_lad (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
Microsoft has a point though...haters gonna hate but they have a point about it. Wasn't everybody making jokes about Windows in the past?
38. flame-of-nova (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Why the Tab 2 not the nexus 10
also Samsung should stop making ATIV devices in return
41. szaboagoston (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
We all know the problem with Surface is not the hardware.
45. Tech_Junkie1996 (Posts: 43; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
I would like to point out that it is the Tab 3 10.1 that is called out, not the Note 10.1 2014. Microsoft isn't stupid enough to go up against the most powerful large android tablet available. They'd rather pick on it weak, stupid brother.