Microsoft to start by building around 3 million Surface tablets
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2012, 07:07 posted on
Microsoft's first production run for its Surface tablets will have around 3 million units - that’s how many tablets it plans to build and expectations are that it’d sell a few million in calendar 2012…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its hard to predict. We all will wait and see the out-come?
Good luck to it!
2. tigermcm (Posts: 849; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
1 of those 3 million is mine as long as the price is $499 or below
4. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
why do you need arm tablet with not more than 200 apps ? and system restrictions? like for browser and so on
5. tigermcm (Posts: 849; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
everyone has there preference. i have a laptop and desktop to do what i need a tab is a luxury not a necessity
12. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
ok I get it, I simply like to have freedom and everything in my way that's all. and if windows or android can give it even more to me, win on arm simply fails
8. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The article referred to both RT and Pro versions, so if a Pro is under $499, your dispute is invalid.
I'm in the same boat. Under $500, I'll get a Pro ASAP
11. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
your dispute is invalid because I wrote "ARM tablet"
not intel tablet or windows tablet, just efking ARM
3. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well i think they should already start working on wifi +3G/4G so that they will have some carriers love!
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
why thumbs down.. i think it has connection... releasing a wifi only isnt really a nice thing... like apple did, release ipad wifi and wifi+4g so that carriers will pick it up...
and i think thats what any other manufacturers are doing... just think a surface tablet on a verizon, at&t, etc catalog...
but since surface isnt made for that, maybe thats why i got thumbs down.. but just for functonality... what if you're in a place with out wifi? and really needs to check emails, etc and your phone is dead to do that?
6. BigDenn (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
even if i hate this metro ui i think Microsoft Surface (8 Pro) is awesome !!!
10. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
I can't wait to see the different models of W8 tablets from all the other OEM. I think I will get the Surface RT model and wait and see what Samsung and HP has to offer for a Pro version.
13. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1446; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Frankly I will buy a Windows "8" intel CPU x86 Tablet because they can run full desktop and Laptop Windows software that was produced for them from the years 2000 to 2012. that's a big Apps ECI system. The Windows RT ARM CPU tablets
will run "Special RT software" and it will take developers I estimate about 18 months to have the Apps that count to make them "Ipad" competitors. Folks Windows RT Tablet have one strong point they come loaded with a special version of Microsoft WORD EXcel and PowerPoint which makes them useful right out of the box. Many
People will buy them just because of that!