Microsoft to speed up Windows Phone feature iteration
0. phoneArena 23 Jan 2012, 19:56 posted on
It seems that Microsoft's plan so far with Windows Phone has been to build the base and optimize the software before allowing hardware manufacturers to add new features, but it looks like Microsoft might be ready to start pushing the Windows Phone ecosystem a bit faster...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
30. eiyoy009 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
VERY VERY TRUE...WINDOWS PHONE DO NOT NEED THOSE QUADCORE OR DUALCORE BEACUSE OF IT IS JUST NEW!! THEY MUST PROUD THAT WP7 CAN RUN SO SMOOTH IN SINGLE CORE COMPARE TO ANDROID..ANDROIS NEED MULTICORES BECAUSE IT IS "LAGGY." AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY ANDROIS IS WASTING BATTERY LIFE...GO WP!!
2. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Least you won't have to worry about forced closes and the like on the Windows Phone 7.
5. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
That is the beauty of it against Android. You get something stable, that just works!
6. DechyX (Posts: 120; Member since: 16 May 2011)
the apps on wp7 may not say "forced closed" but they still do mess up
7. rsiders (Posts: 429; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Yeah, rarely ever. Plus you just hit the home button and keep on rolling.
8. nwright94 (unregistered)
This is true. I rarely have problems with any of the apps, but there is one that every few weeks will restart my phone and won't open, but i'm guessing thats more of the apps fault than the phones.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm going to try to get a Trophy to give WP7 a fair shake but it'll be hard to give up my LTE and my OMAP4.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
because there's no such 2nd Gen WP on Verizon Wireless.
20. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
There will be by the end of the summer.
25. jabrecer (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
probably NOT. I have the trophy... really nice!!! but this verizon is such a bad provider... promises a lot and doesn't bring the best phones... and if it does... takes a lot of time...
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
gotta be on Verizon sweetheart. besides i'm talking off contract here. i'd trade my Bionic and it's abundance of accessories for a Trophy and some cash.
29. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
cOOl..cant wait for it to get to Canada thou..
11. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I would like more choices of phones with better and bigger screens (4.3 please. Not a fan of 4.7) with higher resolutions. Dual-core processors for WP7? Not so much! My HTC Radar has only a 1GHZ single-core chip but the WP7 OS runs smooth and perky in it. And please, make phones like the Lumia 900 more widely available across servers worlwide fast, not just with AT&T.
31. eiyoy009 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
YAH...I AGREE...nokia L800 SOLD JUST 1.3 MILIION BECAUSE IT IS NOT AVAILABLE YET WORLDWIDE
13. StreetNerd (Posts: 739; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i would like to have a look a like Nokia E7 windows phone
15. pongkie (Posts: 508; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
thank god they are finally speeding things up
16. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If you check Windows 8 facebook you'll see strange minimum system requirement. Try it.
17. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I wish they increase the Bluetooth capabilities (sharing of files from phone to phone) of the OS which is a bummer for me at present. . .
18. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Awesome want big screen and bigger mp resolution camera. Made by lg.
19. siddhu.svs (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
It's a good wish to have WP7 in a Nokia E7 like mobile.
It simply blasts the sales.
26. blackrose (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
All the bashing they do against android, and how its so much better. But yet still wp7 doesn't sell, has second to none market share, people don't know wp7 exist. Wp7 fanboys talk big but have nothing to say when the numbers come out. I like android and between ios and wp7. I would choose ios, its just ugly to me.
27. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Stability on my Titan has been great. I have restarted the phone twice since the 16th of December....that's it, and only once did I do it because there seemed to be a hang up or issue. Other than the recent update, it runs continuously day on end. Couldn't say that about any other phone, and after the iOS 5.0 update for my 3GS, forget it. Slow and difficult and I find it difficult to go back to the tiny screen after the Titan.
This is all single core, 512Mb, 16Gb. Nice. Still as fast and smooth as when I took it out of the box.
As far as choice, manufacturers are stepping up, but Nokia has shaken the box, and I think we will see a number of devices coming soon from others as well.
28. tomakali (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Kinect as FFC
Nokia E90 like hardware [detachable screen, keyboard would be awesome]
Contact sync to skydrive, hotmail[sucks for more than 1000 contacts]
SKYPE as default messenger like BBM
High FPS Slow-Motion recording