Microsoft seeds Windows 8.1 to manufacturers ahead of October 18th launch
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Boot to desktop, sans tiles?
That changes things for me,
to maybe to look at them then.
2. timezone (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
All great news. The surface tablets are really sweet. If the next pro is thin with no fan then I'm in.
7. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Come on :p, the Surface Pro is already thin, with such great hardware on the go!
3. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
correction... it is not seeded to developers... only to oems
if that were the case it would have been leaked already
4. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah, but developers usually do get access through services like MSDN. If I recall, they did have Windows RTM versions up in the past on there right when it was released to OEMs.
6. gazmatic (Posts: 794; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
i'm subcribed to technet...
apparently they want us to wait until oct 17
avoiding leaks obviously
the only leak i've seen is enterprise from china...
9. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah, I didn't see it there yet either. Oh well, hopefully we do get early access there soon because I've been having at least one bug with the 8.1 Preview (related to SkyDrive syncing).
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3717; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is great news.
Where are you Credo? Get ready to update your device. :)
8. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Lol, i have to wait, i don't have an english device :)
10. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I will set My Windows 8.i Desktop to boot directly to the Desktop and have my modern UI tile start
screen have the same wall paper as my desktop.. I use Modern UI tile apps so i will keep the modern UI start screen. in windows 8.1 you can replace it with the all apps search you alreddy have in windows 8. to completely save Windows 8.1 MS CEO mister Ballmer needs to order the MS Windows Team to create a Windows 8.1 Desktop SKEW which has no Modern UI tiles Start screen or tile store. this Windows 8.1 skew will look like and work like Windows 7. Millions upon millions of People are going to have to upgrade from their Windows "XP" OS. a lot of these Folks may not want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. I predict Windows 7 sales will jump to astronomical sales quantities .when Windows "XP" goes out MS support in a few months.
The Windows 8.1 Desktop sckew i described above will net Microsoft multi millions of dollars