Microsoft says Tango will be a minor update for lower-end phones, Apollo will be the next major WP update
“1. Tango is not a major update.
2. Tango is one of the update belonging to Mango.
3. Apollo would be the next major update.
4. Tango is mainly for developing countries including China and India. These countries were neglected before and Microsoft would like to provide more Bing Services to them through Tango.
5. OEMs would be selling cheaper Tango devices in these developing countries.”
Tango devices will possibly hit markets with a less capable processor and screens with lower reoslution. This should allow Microsoft to reach out to a wider audience with cheaper price tag and presence in both the low/mid and high-end segments. But Redmond is not going to be the first to set its foot there - Android is already pushing the boundaries of low-end smartphones and even Apple is rumored to roll out a cheaper iPhone this fall.
source: We Love Windows Phone via WMPowerUser
1. Jimi Mack (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 04:32 0 2
Just in normal MS fashion... alter what they have been saying for months because once again they can not deliver on what they originally stated.
3. shafboy posted on 24 Aug 2011, 05:57 2 0
After all the great features Mango has, wonder what Apollo can give us!
4. maxxx (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 13:41 0 0
China and India = 2 billion people so Microsoft said OK after millions of requests
they went with Hungary and Holland, 10 millio0n people countries before China