Microsoft releasing "Switch to Windows Phone" app to lure Android users
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2013, 09:49 posted on
Early last year, we did a series of articles about what an Android user should expect if they were to decide to switch to Windows Phone 7. We found that aside from the lack of Google apps, the switch probably wouldn't be as difficult as you might expect for the common user. Obviously, it would be far trickier if you are a Google power user. Well, it looks like Microsoft might have come across that series, because there is a new report that the company is planning to launch a "Switch to Windows Phone" app to lure Android users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I will definitely switch to WP next time! I will!
MARK MY WORDS!! $_$
11. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
The Things you can do on An Android Phone , r the things u can neva do on any other mobile platform (Currently)...it is close to my pc experience...so its a No for me ..i am a Power User !!!
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, I'm a "mediumcore" gamer, not hardcore, so I need to wait for the WP Store to increase more games. And I love smartphones, that's why I'm always interested on many smartphones. (iPhone not included) :P
17. Lboogey6 (Posts: 281; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
thumbs up for the last part lol but yea idk just nothing appealing to me about windows for some reason. i'd actually take the z10 or the new bb phone coming in the fall (provided the apps that i use come)
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
In my opinion, BB and WP is not bad at all, only those idiots keep bashing them.
By the way, good luck with your choice! :)
23. designerfx (Posts: 76; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
what does hardcore-ness have to do with any specific type of phone?
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hardcore = Android
Mediumcore = Windows Phone and BlackBerry
Jailbreak = iOS DUH! :P
(If you know what I mean)
29. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
If you are still referring to gaming (like your previous post), "hardcore" doesn't apply to any of these platforms. That term should apply to PCs and consoles only.
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Huh? But if you see the smartphone reviews, you can hear the reviewer said "hardcore gamer", I swear I heard that!
45. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
All thumbs down by Nokia wp users™
Theres no Android fans or users on this posts®
49. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, there're few Android users including me and you and StreetNerd and noim1.
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Thats right, just imagine all the htc sony samsung and android users were posting here, there wouldev been 80 thumbs down.
By android users. But sadly all of the regular posters are not posting or are bothered to come on this article™
75. lyndon420 (Posts: 4479; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I don't thumb down...that's for douches who can't justify their decisions.
74. lyndon420 (Posts: 4479; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Uhmm hello? And what am I - an urbanphantom?
86. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oops sorry, I almost forgot you two!
Ok, and there are few Android users including lyndon420 and urbanphantom too!
53. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL to the rescue, huh? You must have a lot of free time to burn away for nothing...
35. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
why would u play games on a phone?! baby much?
37. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why won't you play games on a smartphone? I don't get it!
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13678; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Just being able to do those things doesn't make it the best choice.
26. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
man please for one time keep calm and don't make any comment because each time u do ur comments are thumbed down more than up
62. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4375; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
See that's the thing, at least there is a choice. It may not be the best thing for some people, in that case they have the choice to not do it. For others it is the best thing, and they can choose to use it. I don't know what it is about people these days who are afraid of choice. If they're indecisive or prefer someone else having control over them, I don't know. But just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it, but if it's not there in the first place, all you're doing is limiting your choice and potential.
89. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4375; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Wow, being thumbed down advocating for choice. Hope you're living in a police or totalitarian state, otherwise you're gonna be unhappy.
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 5847; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
What the point of forcing myself to use a lesser platform. My money is always to get the best value for me!
24. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nobody forces you. It depends on what you're interested or what you want. I choose Android is because that's what I want, I will choose WP next time is because I'm interested on it.
It's simple! :P
28. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Some people are so closed-minded (like iOS) they're so not willing to adapt or atleast try out new ecosystems. Maybe they need to be jailbroken first.
81. joey_sfb (Posts: 5847; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I did try out lumia 920 in a store. Out of the 8 apps that I use regularly, only one exist on WP platform, with no sdcard and removable battery its also a compromise in my book. Plus the phone is much thicker than note 2.
Anyway, hope you find it to serve you well.
2. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
This is actually a pretty good idea. The biggest issue with getting Android users into the WP ecosystem is the apps. Maybe something like this could stimulate growth for WP.
12. designerfx (Posts: 76; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
nobody should use WP, as they're suing everyone for patnts. That is already well known.
Why support a company that's competing by suing?
18. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Chill mate, nobody spends more in corts than Samsung and Apple ;) They should switch to BF, COD of CS deathmatches though, would be fun to whatch :D