Microsoft registers record Q1 revenue as its enterprise presence grows
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2013, 03:22 posted on
Microsoft might still struggle to get proper traction with its tablets and Windows Phone mobile operating system, but on the whole it is in great financial health…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Good going MS! Hoping very strong efforts in WP world very soon with money pouring into refreshed Nokia.
3. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Yep, they need to get the Windows Phone Blue update out, the update will be the decider in WP's future. So it better be good!
7. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
WP Blue? Is that something that they've planned for release after GDR 3 + Nokia Black?
9. freebee269 (Posts: 432; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
wp blue from what i understand is wp 8.1. i think that's what timmehor is talking about.
11. CEMIII (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
We've already seen the new quad cores coming out. Whatever releases they slap on them will be note worthy. That Verizon 929 slotted for Nov looks like a solid starter.
5. papss (Posts: 2171; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
So much for doom and gloom comments... that's a pretty healthy amount of profit.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 424; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, but by the usual money makers, not the new directions. The PC market is stagnant, not dead, and the competition hasn't really entered it yet. The phone and tablet market is where it was before and hasn't helped them at all. Doom and gloom is the future, not the present, they will still make money on their entrenched software until the competition increases there.
10. freebee269 (Posts: 432; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
"The PC market is stagnant, not dead, and the competition hasn't really entered it yet."
it's been YEARS since microsoft won the pc market. when is this so called competition supposed to be entering it?
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And Apple is dreaming of unseating their domainance witrh Office Productivity tools .. Apple execs dreaming ...