Microsoft pulls "fly on the wall" iPhone parody ads
0. phoneArena 15 Sep 2013, 15:05 posted on
Microsoft has had trouble recently with its ads. Occasionally, the crew from Redmond will come up with an interesting commercial that resonates well; but, more often the company will create an add that is at best uninteresting and misleading, and at worst just flat out bad. It seems that many believe Microsoft's latest attempt at parody with its "fly on the wall at Cupertino" ads have fallen into the second category...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. MartyK (Posts: 726; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
You said it the best..they Are Very Pathetic....
And I never own nor do I want a Iphone, but this is so childish and Pathetic, and on top of that, not even funny!!
The Only way MS will beat IOS or Android, is if these companies would allow MS to insert a terrible CEO like Nokia did..SMH.
15. vincelongman (Posts: 1707; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Agreed, this ad wasn't even funny, IMO
18. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 195; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
This is one of the saddest ad's I've seen and what makes it worst is that there is a high chance that, some of those concept where discussed in the board room.
2. willard12 (Posts: 886; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Who exactly is the Microsoft spokesman/representative that officially commented on pulling this official ad?
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Surprise surprise, Microsoft does it again
4. alexfiran (Posts: 40; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
but you have to admit that "beautifully unapologetically plastic" is awesome :)))))))
5. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
They should spend more time on showing off their own products rather then seemingly advertise for google and apple
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I could have sworn someone said it wasn't from Microsoft and it was just a video floating around YouTube...
7. snowgator (Posts: 3293; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay, come on.... Really, oh so easily offended everyone? Like Apple's sales/feelings are at risk here?? Yes, I am a MS products fan, but funny is funny. This was a good SNL skit.
I brought up the "I am a mac, I am a PC" commercials recently, and still laughed at those. This was no worse. All Apple did was poke fun at MS product launches.
13. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Microsoft sucks! The iPhones business bigger than Microsofts entire business!
14. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Here we go again.
All the iMedia on the barricades to protect Apple.
16. valapsp (Posts: 484; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Isn't he Steve Jobs? From behind he looks like him and not Tim.
19. sniperdroid (Posts: 128; Member since: 23 May 2013)
This was hard to watch. They should go talk to Nokia, maybe they'll learn something.