Microsoft places ads for Surface tablet inside Grand Central Station
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2012, 13:53 posted on
Ads for Microsoft's new Windows 8 tablets are beginning to surface (we heard that groan), including one placed in the high traffic location of Grand Central Station; oher locations where the ads have been spotted include the subway in our nation's capitol...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 12Danny123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
dude that is not funny. you don't insult people which you are clearly are. I'm an new Yorker and I always look at ads. I think people will find the MS surface Interesting
6. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
M gonna get mine as soon as it comes out :)
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1652; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Same here...... full w8 version..., MS take my money :-)
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Even if a lot of people are gonna walk past the ad there'll be a lot of people who are gonna see the ads...so no harm done!
Great atblet by MS...cant wait for it to come out and play!
15. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
interesting but still dropping MS mobile market share.....that must have a reason ;)
it looks MS has no future in mobile market.....bad news for competition :(
2. cityeighteen (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
The station also happens to have a giant Apple store. Perhaps that was part of the reason they put the ads there.
3. -box- (Posts: 3714; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Put 'em right outside the GCS apple store, on the walls, floor, and ceiling.
4. AstronautJones (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Lighten up Danny. Surely you know there is that perception out there?
Notice he didn't say ALL or even MOST, he said MANY.
If you are sensitive about the issue, then he clearly is not referring to you.
Don't think the ad is intended to directly spur sales. More likely intended to increase brand knowledge. Let's face it, how many Non-Tech interested people even know Microsoft is even coming out with tablets?
5. ErikSax (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 May 2009)
New Yorkers, which actually notice everything, but chose not to respond to most, know they put the Surface ads in Grand Central Station because the giant, humongous, space hogging, venue dominating Apple Store is located there and they can barely stock enough iPads to keep pace with the customer flow. Microsoft wants a piece of that action.
7. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i'm waiting for it, was about to get the note 10.1 but i guess i'll wait for this an get the note 5.5, wish the pro wasn't coming out so much later
8. JKING_25 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Can't wait to pick up one of those bad boys :)
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i just want to have one NOW!!!
but i'll wait for a lumia tablet!
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1046; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I want to love this tablet but it's really hard when Microsoft won't give us a freaking price. It comes out in 3 weeks but no price still? Probably gonna be expensive as phuck then...
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Metro Style product advertised in a Metro environment, a very suitable pair.