Microsoft patents futuristic detachable screen phone concept
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2012, 18:28 posted on
This isn't something that we expect to see on the market any time soon, but it is a phone concept that we'd love to play around with. Unfortunately, the idea of a phone with a detachable screen may now be the sole property of Microsoft because of a recent patent...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. darkvadervip (Posts: 343; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Nice! Hope google don't copy that. Call it the "S" screen. Lol
12. tedkord (Posts: 5252; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Green. It's the color of Android and of jealousy.
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Microsoft has patents for lots of things, but never puts them to use.
5. pongkie (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I don't think this will push though devolopement it will be too expensive to produce.
apple got a scarrier pattent: the shape of the apple air laptop. I hope they don't seek ban on the ultrabooks
6. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Wish I had the thousands of dollars it takes to patent stuff. So many ideas...
8. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I've seen the video and I say there's nothing quite like it out there. Great concept though.
9. poikilo (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Now these are the stuffs to be patented.....not a box with a button.................COOL..
10. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i guess they're gonna start developing this with nokia
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
They patent it because of Apple using any Patents to strike
13. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
IDK, what if the screen comes off and you loose it. Your phone basically becomes a brick.
14. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
So somebody broke their Kyocera Echo in frustration and then had a 'eureka!' moment?