Microsoft patents augmented reality glasses that recognize items
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2014, 23:43 posted on
Microsoft has filed a patent application titled Wearable Behavior-Based Vision System. The patent is for a pair of augmented reality smart glasses, similar to Google Glass, that not only recognizes objects, but also predicts the behavior of them. For example, the glasses will be able to recognize a car, figure out which direction it is going, and alert the glass wearer to any possible threat that the car poses...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sriuslywtf (Posts: 278; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Damn.. Good one MS. Please don't forget the battery life and proper pricing..
You may be late for Smart Phone, but if you price this smart glasses right unlike google..
you may pass google glass!
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3737; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Dumb gimmick glasses to gather data for Microsoft. The tech industry, Google included, has lost their way.
4. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Microsoft is number 1 in AI, first Bing predictions then Cortana object recognition, then...
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3737; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The only AI that Microsoft is #1 in is Artificial Insemination.
5. wilsong17 (Posts: 1090; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Doesn't glass of an app for recognizing things