Microsoft opens stores in New York, Delaware and New Hampshire to cheering crowds
0. phoneArena 29 Sep 2012, 20:34 posted on
Now with over 45 stores, Microsoft opened two new locations in New York on Friday. Their Salem, New Hampshire and Newark, Delaware locations opened today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GoBears (Posts: 333; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
MIght have to take a roadtrip to NY and check it out!
10. JC557 (Posts: 816; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I've been to the ones in San Diego and they're pretty nice. I can't wait till the WP8 phones and Surface products start filling the tables.
4. PAPINYC (Posts: 2167; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Damn, there's no way I'm jumping on a L.I.R.R. train to go check out that store; I would've gone tomorrow if it were in Midtown. Leave it to Microsoft to make a store inaccessible.
11. JC557 (Posts: 816; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Apparently they do have some plans in place for Midtown but White Plains isn't too far... right now they're testing the waters, especially when there are Apple stores nearby.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i went to the opening in Orlando, FL and got a bunch of stuff including some Beats Solo HD's.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7242; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want to get them, but the price really isn't in my budget right now.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got em for half off pretty much because i stacked a bunch of $25 gift cards i got from doing the Smoked by Windows Phone challenges. i'm trying to sell them along with my Xyboard now.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7242; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sounds like an early Christmas to me. :o
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5536; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
$475 and you can have em both. just putting it out there.
7. baldilocks (Posts: 494; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I'm from Delaware....and why here? I can see New York, but Delaware and New Hampshire?
12. JC557 (Posts: 816; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Well, there's always the tax free shopping in Delaware... and UD students.
8. Ronaldr (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Is there any more news in the location of the pop up stores coming for the holidays?
13. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Need some more in the Midwest. St Louis, Chicago, KC, etc
17. VJo003 (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Strong competition = Better for the end customer
19. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
I was at the Delaware opening! It was actually a good time. But the Apple store in the mall is planning to have a grand re-opening soon cause they "renovated" their store. They just want their spotlight back.
20. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Microsoft is slowly but surely growing its distribution channel so in the future they will offer their products through their own chains, disregard manufacturers and essentially produce their own profit.
21. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Wow, PA made an entire article about Microsoft stores without referring to them as "Apple-like". Bravo PA, bravo! Seriously.