Microsoft lifts cover off first wave of Xbox games for Windows 8
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2012, 09:21 posted on
There are still nearly two months ahead of the big Windows 8 launch, but today we get to see an early peek of some of the best games that will be available on Xbox…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
if these games are on Windows 8 then it is bound to be going to Windows Phone 8. If this game is ported to Windows 8 then porting to Windows Phone 8 should be quite an easy job
31. jroc74 (Posts: 5996; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You must dont frequent Android and iPhone articles......consider it a welcoming. lol.
I have seen red thumbs for ppl asking reasonable questions....now watch the red thumbs for my post...
2. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
You make me say oh OH oh OH oh OH oh OH oh OH , oh my gosh =D
27. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Your music's bad and you should feel bad!
3. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
4. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Well.... nice start. The pure volume of this first release list show's that in 2 more months, this will be a fun, fun list.
Liking WP 8's chances more and more all the time. Wouldn't it be fun if BB10 was also a hit, and there were 4 great choices that survived and thrived? Even if Android remained #1 and iOS remained #2, a 40%-25%-15%-15% split with 5% left for other would really provide for great options in the years to come!!
Oh, the OS trash talking we would have on PA.........
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
SOLITAIRE and MINESWEEPER! pinball! hahaha. good times.
ok, let's get serious: i want
left for dead, counter strike, dead island, halo, resident evil, crysis, portal, sims, gta 5, final fantasy 1-13, batman arkham city, slender, minecraft!
don't forget snake.
11. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
if windows rt and intel atom devices won't play these, i'd ratherget a nexus 7.
12. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
maybe these titles are other game developers thats why not in the list i think anything running on win7 desktop might run on windows 8 tablet lets hope it is true
20. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
whos the retard thumbing everything down for no reson show ur self noob
16. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
If windows pro is powerful enough to play pc games, you should be able to play all those games and more! :-D :-D
7. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
wow first wave of 40 Xbox live games :O... that's more than enough for a start.
9. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Where is HALO seriers long awaited on windows platfomr only had 2 episodes
17. li0nh3art (Posts: 28; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Who dafaq is voting down every single comment? :@
21. 1701nino (unregistered)
Who is thumbin you all down???Oh well another android troll who can't handle when something pozitive is happening to another platform.I'm an iphone and ipad user and for one i'm happy to see a third platform starting so good.The more competition we have the better for us consumers;)
24. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It is not me but I am thumbing YOU down for "Android Troll" comment.
How do you know it is android fan and not iFan ?
I am Android fan but considering to switch to WP8 when I see how great it is going to be. And I believe some other android fans as well, because we use brain. Not like iFans who stays always with Apple no matter what.
25. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I don't want to generalize here, but in my experience, Android fans tend to be much more volatile than Apple fans, which lends credence to the theory that it is an Android fan that is responsible for the thumbs down. Also, as Android has a higher market share, it is statistically more likely that it is an Android fan.
26. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I get your point Penny but still, you can't accuse someone like that if you have no clue who it really was.
30. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
who here is more volatile than Taco, Gallito, or Ardent? lol
There are definitely more active android members, which is normal considering how much more popular Android is, but on a general level the iNutters keep the crazy notch set a few degrees higher than everyone elses.
I'm keeping an eye on W8. More for a tablet than a phone right now, but I always got my eyes on new tech. :)
32. jroc74 (Posts: 5996; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Gotta agree with remixfa. The iFans are usually the unstable ones.
On comments I dont really have an opinion about....or if I agree and disagree at the same time...I dont give a red or green thumb. Even if I respond to it.
Put it like this...a red thumb from me.....it was deserved...lol.
37. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yes most android guys want to impose their android to all others
41. 1701nino (unregistered)
Well Einstein,because android trolls are deeply jelaous of other platforms and in most cases they can't handle some good news about another platform(seen it many times).every news about apple is full of android trolls who trash apple and apple users and now its happening with win phone.
42. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
So not true. Android fans are the only ones I hear that would not mind to change the platform.
All I hear from iFans is: I will be dissapointed, but I will buy iPhone 5 anyway.
22. Luuthian (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Take this with a grain of salt. MS released a similar list for WP7, and less than half the list materialized. Sonic CD still hasn't reached WP7 either.
29. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
all I got to say is: there are atleast 2 trolls that really hate xbox live and express themselves in a cascade of thumbsdown.
Dont worry they dont seem to be interested in making it past page 1 of the comments. ATM page 2 and up are safe.
33. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i hope the games like temple run will be available too...
so microsoft will make xbox, WP8 and win8 apps compatible to each other? sorry i dint really get this... WP8 has a marketplace but it also has xbox store right? please explain to me things like this...
whats the difference between windows marketplace to xbox games/store? zune and xbox music/offerings?
39. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
temple run is old school still dont mid having it xbox games are much more awsome
dont know rest either
40. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
old school yes, but it is still not available to WP and even on BB!!! even that game is old school it is still one of the best...
angry birds is boring!
34. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
You know, some fools have nothing to contribute other than to thumb down others' comments.
For example, some fool will thumb down this comment.
Come on, fool, do your thing...
35. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
some jellous-bean are thumbing every comment down
43. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I an android guy but, I really like Windows. I hope the do good. I'm sure these games wil help. I'm glad Windows is beginning to put more focus on games for their devices. I hope they do the same for their phones.