Microsoft kills off Nokia's Asha and Series 40, says new high-end Windows Phone handsets are coming soon
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2014, 11:03 posted on
In addition to stop supporting Asha, Microsoft will also abandon Series 40 in the next 18 months. Windows will be the sole focus of the company when it comes to mobiles...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Jinto (Posts: 436; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
22. Johnnokia (Posts: 1096; Member since: 27 May 2012)
From the first day E-flop was appointed as Nokia's CEO and called Symbian or MeeGo the burning platform, I immediately realised that he is a trojan horse came from microbitch to destroy Nokia.
Shame on you Finnishs ... You offered your legened glory free to the murders and betrayed billions of Nokia's fans.
I averse Microsoft .. Still have faith in the rest of Nokia to revive and come back by 2016
Very very sad.
26. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I feel you
That POS even killed my beloved Nokia 8800 series, which I really love.
46. elitewolverine (Posts: 5185; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
you have a very disturbed idea of reality.
Meego had no phone to show them when elop arrived, symbian was a mess.
Nothing will change this, this is from the mouth of employees LOOOONG before Elop arrived. But go on, post your ignorance.
50. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
That is many Android fans they lie a lot, far from reality.
59. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How can someone sit and say "My beloved Nokia",,, then say they aren't a "fan boy"??...... They should've put the lead blanket on this dudes head at the hospital,, because obviously radiation has cause him some damage.
70. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But not like you, your a hardcore Nokiawp fanboy.
There's a difference, in fanboy and love, hardcore fanboy.
73. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Will someone please tell this trash to stop trying to get my attention... How stupid can you be to keep replying to someone who has never replied back? Can't you dumb trolls take a hint? I don't argue, and will not argue, with anyone who I know to be a stupid troll, so leave me alone!.. Any further attempts to communicate with me I consider harassment.. Leave me alone!
80. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You replied me back, via someone else, Elitewolverine. And then you said "my belovef" obviously your replying to me, but indirectly.
83. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Do you at least remove the broom head before going out?
You're posting on the web, open for all to see and reply to your postings.
We're all getting tired of you and your hi horse postings.
You call everyone names and pretend to be above it yourself, lol you're not.
Before it was trumpeting WP, you got a vacay, now it's another thing.
Perhaps another vacay.
Don't bother replying, your diatribe means crap to me.
63. BobbyDigital (Posts: 2015; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I think you're the one who's misconstruing reality a bit here.
Meego had the N9 already out. Elop even showed it off. The N950 was its successor waiting in the wings but Elop killed it and limited N9 sales to places like Russia, even though the media loved the phone.
Symbian was a mess but Symbian^3 had strong sales. Nokia's plan was to have Meego at the high end and Symbian to the mid range. Series 40 was for the ultra low end. Elop came in and ruined that.
47. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You need to educate yourself, you wrote complete rubbish. Far from the truth.
57. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're a nerd, dude... Lol!! Seriously, go back and listen to how you sound... You really sound like you were writing that from your moms basement surrounded by you Dungeons&Dragons action figures!.. Lol!
"I averse Microsoft" Really? Don't take it so personally, dude.. You act like your wife, and kids, are at harm.. Lol!
It's not your money! But, you made me laugh, so kudos to you.
71. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So am I akki.
Accept Liveitup and Rodney.
Especially Rodney the epical Nokiawp MS hardcore fanboy.
84. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 431; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
I agree with you John about everything but Nokia's return by 2016. +100
87. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
what if, nokia is really the one who is playing with microsoft ditching their dying flatform and giving their "trash" to microsoft, and use the money for something revolutionary in 2016, and then windows phone will struggle, and the nokia employees who are layed off and still currently working will jump back to nokia, and microsoft will be left with employees that has no experience yet. remember, they can't use nokia anymore in 2016, so there's something really going on, a plan, a comeback with vengeance. :D 2016 is a long time to optimize or develop the sailfish os and make it perfect.. :)
17. arenanew (Posts: 281; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
google feeding on microsoft and android depend on window . google is just only crap search engine
24. Manti123 (banned) (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Same time next year, Microsoft will phase out Windows Phone and sell the cellphones division back to Nokia, so that Nokia could reproduce phones in 2016.
WTF,, Microsoft is playing with its sh*t
Worst company ever
44. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Google trolls are out in force. Microsoft shaped the world with its products and services, Microsoft isn't the worst company ever Microsoft is a great company, you are just ignorant.
48. Clashy (unregistered)
How about you download a f****** dictionary on your god d*** Windows phone.
2. UglyFrank (Posts: 1688; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Microsoft suck!!!!!! (This is a mature comment)
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
If they cancel this lines then they should make Lumia in that lowest price.....!!!
And asha is OK because they can make cheap Lumia around 70$. But they can't cancel s40 because its for those people who can't afford over 50$ phones.....and
I agree with u.....
14. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I guess those who can't afford over US$50 phones must buy second hand phone.
32. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Hey you say second hand phones like it's a bad thing? I've been able to try way more phones thru craigslist
91. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
That's how you met your boyfriend, too, isn't it?