Microsoft in-store deal only: Free Nokia Lumia 1020 on contract
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2013, 21:37 posted on
Microsoft retail stores have got a hot deal for you, pick up a brand spanking new Nokia Lumia 1020 for nothing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 433; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What, to give away a phone that isn't selling? They would have to have one, first. I'm betting the 5c has already sold better than any Lumia phone in 2013 except for the 520, which is practically free off contract.
4. rodneyej1 (Posts: 573; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
So, does that mean it's better, or more popular?.. You have a pre conceived notion that's formed be speculation, not from your own personal experience using a device.....
6. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 433; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You are correct, I have not owned the 1020. I have owned an 8x and two 920's, and WP8 was better than WP7 on my three different WP7 handsets, but still not quite good enough. If I wanted a camera I could use as a phone, I would just grab an 808 unlocked.
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 433; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That wasn't really my point, though. The point is, why would Apple do that when their phones are selling well? It's not a grand gesture to dump phones at $0 on contract if they aren't selling well.
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1161; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The 5c was at 0$ down at t-mobile, which in contract terms is technically free, so I guess apple has put in practice this, since not that many people want the 5c anyway
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 1075; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Imagine how many people would be carrying around Lumias if only they brought it to all major carriers not just AT&T exclusive.
5. cj100570 (Posts: 187; Member since: 12 May 2009)
I'm guessing 2 more than are carrying it now. Nobody wants Windows Phones....
24. lalalaman (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
For sure after 8.1 update next spring:)...I'm also looking forward
7. Landmarkcm (Posts: 285; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Im digging my 5C & pretty sure it's a device ill finally stick with at least a year! lol. I like Wp too! My main gripe with it though & Nokia is why do most all the lumias have to be so thick and bulky & wide! etc. (I know this one is going to be because of the camera) The 720 I had was the only decent one pocket wise. Also I have to say now although the basics were covered. I am now spoiled by ios apps selection & also love Imessage & facetime pretty nifty too. Yes I know there are other alternatives too like on Android etc. Ive had a lot of devices! I just am really now getting used to iphone benefits as others I text have iphone etc.
10. N-fanboy (Posts: 331; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
@Landmarkcm haven't you ever heared of the 925?
11. thachlel (Posts: 58; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Windows get me sick! Everytime I need it then it goes to update blah... Restart ... Windows 8.1 stops my itune working! Been use since DOS 1.1 tired!!! Now!!! Windows keeps adding junk stuff even i7 quad cores 8 ways processing is slow for it F F F windows!!!
17. Snoobab (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Please go rant about Windows somewhere else. This is about Windows PHONE. Big difference.
23. lalalaman (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Just off the auto update...and use it like a geek....
13. sprockkets (Posts: 651; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Darn, if only there was a MS store around. What, they have around 20 stores in the US? Whoopy.
15. Topcat488 (Posts: 781; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Loading...Each in a different pocket though. Hahaha
19. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh dang, wish my mom could have waited to upgrade. She got a 920 last month for $0 down (but in red her favorite color), and she loves its camera, wish she could have had this as an affordable option.
Are they still continuing the free Camera Grip with this promo?
Price drop is probably to make room for the 1520, 929, and 2520, and all the 8" full Windows tabs coming out.
21. solomonsteve (Posts: 68; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
How much will it cost now off-contract??
26. Dastrix (limited) (Posts: 392; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Is that for Canada as well? I need to know!! ASAP!! I mean, I have my L920, but still!!!