Microsoft has been working on a “wrist-worn device” for a year: 1.5” screen, removable bands
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 04:16 posted on
We’ve recently heard that Microsoft has placed orders for 1.5-inch screens in what seemed like a move towards an upcoming smartwatch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
i hate these kind of watches :/ absolutely unnecessary...............
4. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
absolutely agreed. hell, people don't even wear watches anymore because of the phones they have. few people that i know who still wear watches also check on their phones for the time. sooo i guess that's that.
this is just another try from the companies to bring retro back with a bit of tech and sell it overpriced for no particular reason. totally uncalled for in my opinion.
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I dont wear a watch either, to me, a watch if more like an accessory like earrings are to females. I only wear one while attending events, most of the time my watch stays in my drawer.
26. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Unlike you my friends, I always wear a casio but I don't think I need a smartwatch, too
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3610; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Daaayyuum! You guys shrank the 920 into the wrist!
How about a new movie?
'Honey, i shrank the 920'.
3. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
It'll come with ODS (optical display stabilization) so that you can watch videos in it while jerking off!
18. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Raunak Vikas is not my full name if that's what you're asking.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Yeah, quite funny to see that 920 strapped to wrist xD
8. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Raunak ,that was hilarious!!!.....right on the money
10. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Removable band, mhmm, that's what I want from a smart watch. It will make it both a fashion piece, stylistic and accessorised.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So.......what will Nokia name it?
Nokia Lumia 0.920? :P
By the way, I'm glad to hear that Nokia is making a smartwatch too! Good luck Nokia! :)
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3610; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Ummm...it's microsoft buddy, not Nokia, lol.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If it's Microsoft, then it will be Nokia too! :)
19. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The Surfaces aren't Nokia. The name they would have would be interesting. Surface Wrist? Surface Watch?
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, silly me! Yup, this is Microsoft's!
They should name it Surface Wristwatch! lol xD
22. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3610; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Could be 'Surf-watch' or 'Watch-(f)ace'...:)
13. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
It makes sense. Didn't they shut down that 3rd party that wanted to make a Windows Phone watch.
14. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
MS waited way too late to get serious about the smartphone market and tablets. Maybe they're ahead (or at least on par) with the curve this time.
25. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
who ever made this pic has spoiled graphics designers impression.