Microsoft details Windows 8 on ARM tablets at MWC
1. android_hitman posted on 29 Feb 2012, 10:00 7 2
dammit... in 2013 this will be better than android and i will have a big dilema ....
5. Reality posted on 29 Feb 2012, 10:37 4 2
This is quality software, not like others which are just designed to meet deadlines.
2. cepcamba posted on 29 Feb 2012, 10:00 7 0
Hmmmm. Dual-boot (android/windows) would be nice. One for gaming and another for productivity. :p
12. speckledapple posted on 29 Feb 2012, 13:30 2 0
That is what I want. It can even have ubuntu on the side for good measure.
13. cepcamba posted on 29 Feb 2012, 13:53 0 0
Yeah! According to some earlier news, Ubuntu is already on it's way to Android devices courtesy of a dock. This will provide you with a full desktop OS. It might take some time though for Ubuntu to create a touch version of their OS.
6. Bluesky02 posted on 29 Feb 2012, 10:59 2 0
If only Nokia 808 could dual boot with WP7/Symbian...
8. McLTE posted on 29 Feb 2012, 12:29 0 0
This COULD take the pad concept into a whole new and great direction.. IF, and that's a HUGE if.. MS doesn't price things so high that nobody will take the plunge.
If the win8 tablets are anywhere near the pricing as the iPad.. forget it.
9. darkvadervip posted on 29 Feb 2012, 12:54 1 0
I agree the specs are great but I'm tired of over priced tabs that are just big phones in general like android tabs. But I'm willing to pay comfortably 400 off contract and $300 on contract if so.
10. 7thspaceman posted on 29 Feb 2012, 13:00 2 0
Windows 8 OS and the Blue stacks App that enables a windows computers to run Android apps will be a big thing in the the Tablet world. It means that when the windows 8 tablet comes to market it can loaded with Apps from Windows and Andriod sources thus making them worth buying and very useful for many many things. Windows 8 tablets wont be dud devices.
11. Lboogey6 posted on 29 Feb 2012, 13:09 0 1
ok ok ok i need someone to help me maybe im not a big computer guy but what will windows tablets do different than android and ipad tablets?? the specs mentioned didnt exactly blow me away i see a new UI but people are super excited for .....?
14. Croxy posted on 29 Feb 2012, 14:40 1 0
Damn, can someone link me a video conference of this? :) These news are great!