Microsoft details Windows 8 on ARM tablets at MWC
1. android_hitman (unregistered)
dammit... in 2013 this will be better than android and i will have a big dilema ....
5. Reality (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
This is quality software, not like others which are just designed to meet deadlines.
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Hmmmm. Dual-boot (android/windows) would be nice. One for gaming and another for productivity. :p
12. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
That is what I want. It can even have ubuntu on the side for good measure.
13. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah! According to some earlier news, Ubuntu is already on it's way to Android devices courtesy of a dock. This will provide you with a full desktop OS. It might take some time though for Ubuntu to create a touch version of their OS.
6. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If only Nokia 808 could dual boot with WP7/Symbian...
8. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This COULD take the pad concept into a whole new and great direction.. IF, and that's a HUGE if.. MS doesn't price things so high that nobody will take the plunge.
If the win8 tablets are anywhere near the pricing as the iPad.. forget it.
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I agree the specs are great but I'm tired of over priced tabs that are just big phones in general like android tabs. But I'm willing to pay comfortably 400 off contract and $300 on contract if so.
10. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Windows 8 OS and the Blue stacks App that enables a windows computers to run Android apps will be a big thing in the the Tablet world. It means that when the windows 8 tablet comes to market it can loaded with Apps from Windows and Andriod sources thus making them worth buying and very useful for many many things. Windows 8 tablets wont be dud devices.
11. Lboogey6 (Posts: 281; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
ok ok ok i need someone to help me maybe im not a big computer guy but what will windows tablets do different than android and ipad tablets?? the specs mentioned didnt exactly blow me away i see a new UI but people are super excited for .....?
14. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Damn, can someone link me a video conference of this? :) These news are great!