Microsoft confirms Windows Blue is coming; update will allow for smaller screened tablets
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 00:51 posted on
In a post on Monday, Microsoft confirmed that the Windows Blue update will be coming later this year and will allow Windows 8 to run on a number of different sized devices that will be able to combine the capabilities of a PC with the features available on a mobile device; Microsoft also announced that over 100 million licenses have been sold for Windows 8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. twens (Posts: 906; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Well done,all I wish for is success for Microsoft. Windows is just an awesome operating system.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
That debate is pointless. Both OS have their pecularities.
18. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
And yet I haven't seen anyone using Linux on their desktop & laptop IN MY WHOLE LIFE.
Linux may be known in the IT world but it doesn't make it much better than Windows.
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Hopefully Blue Screen is not a unique feature bundled in this update (given the name) LOL.
I expect more stuff bundled in this update,
8. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 474; Member since: 07 May 2012)
which idiot gave the guy a thumbs down for voicing a a goo opinion.microsoft is a good os and always will be like it or not!!!
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol Windows haters... I bet they are thumbing down posts on a Windows PC.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I wish you best luck, MS. And also hope that the Blue update contains some more useful additions as well.
I am not yet jumping to MS boat yet only because I don't find a capable audio player like PowerAMP or video player like MX there. I despatately need subtitle support in my vids, and features like gapless playback, RG, good EQ in my audio player.
Otherwise, WP is one fantastic choice (WP8)
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Wait for VLC player to come to WP then. Im waiting for 8 incher windows 8 tabs, and i can get rid of my android tab. The stock video player cant handle 10-bit encoding for matroska well and shows all kinds of artifacts occasionally during playback, and im not happy with the third party video players. Once i have Windows 8 on a compact tab i can happily go back to KMPlayer which has no problems handling all my thousands of vids and movies.
13. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I wish if there was also a KM player app coming along with VLC for windows phones.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Yeah! I need 10bit decoding + styled sub support.. mostly for anime that I watch.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm afraid this microsoft blue could be another failure...
14. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
You should be more afraid of getting banned from PA because of your constant trolling. lol
3. rotter.ori (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 May 2013)
The Windows Blue will come to phones too ?
19. ZeroCide (Posts: 758; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
YES it will. The windows platform will become uniform across all devices.
16. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The more important question for me, as a PC user, is whether they will bring back the start menu? Will it be able to boot directly to the desktop instead of the modern UI?
17. CHECHEN (Posts: 23; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
4x cores+ 1080screen + fm radio + +3000mAh battery support will be great. :)