Microsoft confirms Windows Blue is coming; update will allow for smaller screened tablets
6X since launch, offering more apps than iOS had available after its first year. She also passed along the news that 250 million Windows Store apps have been downloaded. Meanwhile, the number of certified devices for Windows 8 and Windows RT is up to 2,400 with more touch screen devices being added to the roster.
Finally, Microsoft said that 100 million licenses have been sold for Windows 8, up from the 60 million licenses sold by January. This figure includes licenses that are shipped along with a new PC or tablet, as well as devices updated to Windows 8.
source: Microsoft via AllThingsD
1. twens (Posts: 672; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Well done,all I wish for is success for Microsoft. Windows is just an awesome operating system.
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
That debate is pointless. Both OS have their pecularities.
18. daniel_bargs (Posts: 323; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
And yet I haven't seen anyone using Linux on their desktop & laptop IN MY WHOLE LIFE.
Linux may be known in the IT world but it doesn't make it much better than Windows.
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Hopefully Blue Screen is not a unique feature bundled in this update (given the name) LOL.
I expect more stuff bundled in this update,
8. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 325; Member since: 07 May 2012)
which idiot gave the guy a thumbs down for voicing a a goo opinion.microsoft is a good os and always will be like it or not!!!
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol Windows haters... I bet they are thumbing down posts on a Windows PC.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I wish you best luck, MS. And also hope that the Blue update contains some more useful additions as well.
I am not yet jumping to MS boat yet only because I don't find a capable audio player like PowerAMP or video player like MX there. I despatately need subtitle support in my vids, and features like gapless playback, RG, good EQ in my audio player.
Otherwise, WP is one fantastic choice (WP8)
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Wait for VLC player to come to WP then. Im waiting for 8 incher windows 8 tabs, and i can get rid of my android tab. The stock video player cant handle 10-bit encoding for matroska well and shows all kinds of artifacts occasionally during playback, and im not happy with the third party video players. Once i have Windows 8 on a compact tab i can happily go back to KMPlayer which has no problems handling all my thousands of vids and movies.
13. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I wish if there was also a KM player app coming along with VLC for windows phones.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Yeah! I need 10bit decoding + styled sub support.. mostly for anime that I watch.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm afraid this microsoft blue could be another failure...
14. Bappy (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
You should be more afraid of getting banned from PA because of your constant trolling. lol
3. rotter.ori (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 May 2013)
The Windows Blue will come to phones too ?
19. ZeroCide (Posts: 696; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
YES it will. The windows platform will become uniform across all devices.
16. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The more important question for me, as a PC user, is whether they will bring back the start menu? Will it be able to boot directly to the desktop instead of the modern UI?
17. CHECHEN (Posts: 23; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
4x cores+ 1080screen + fm radio + +3000mAh battery support will be great. :)