Microsoft apologizes for late delivery of Nokia Lumia 1020 with $150 gift cards
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 13:57 posted on
Nothing says 'I'm sorry' better than cash. Microsoft has sent out some emails to those who pre-ordered the camera-centric Nokia Lumia 1020, but won't receive their new camera phone until next month; to soothe the injury (to the purchaser's soul, we assume), Redmond is sending out $150 gift cards to those who thought that they were pre-ordering the device in a timely fashion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Update your OS Microsoft instead of apologizing .....
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 995; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Their still waiting for customer feedback. Oh wait, what customers.
9. akki20892 (Posts: 2651; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Why they can't make WP os like windows 8. Com'on ms u have to fast.
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Order a 1020, get a free 520 (well, equivalent of $150), not bad by all means...
But i agree they need to speed up the updates.
3. mobi_user (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Who runs Nokia now. I though people ordered Nokia phone.
4. daniel_bargs (Posts: 322; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Is Nokia and Microsoft the same company? Why is MS the one apologizing? MS also gave gift cards when Nokia should be the one giving out.
7. quakan (Posts: 1079; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
No MS is the one who should be apologizing. The buyer purchased the 1020 from the Microsoft Store and because of that it makes Microsoft the responsible party for the delay since they received money from the buyer.
Read the first sentence in the email. It says, "Thank you for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows Phone from Microsoft Store." The last two words are key.
11. daniel_bargs (Posts: 322; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Wishing you have see the article that says there are no enough supply of parts for the new Lumia 1020.
5. PK1983 (Posts: 144; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
So $150 towards a Windows 8 computer that is far worse than a Windows 7 computer.
Plus I will still have to kick in several hundred dollars.
Any Zunes lying around?
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 995; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
"but won't receive their new camera phone until next month"
Now that's funny. Maybe they can take the $150 and use towards a real smartphone.
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2095; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Enjoy your $150 gift cards buddy. :)
13. BraggingBob (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Microsoft needs to get their app together.