Microsoft and Nokia continue to test Windows Phone 8.1 internally
2. djripster (Posts: 134; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Really hoping that Microsoft doesn't take a backseat with updating Windows Phone again...
3. alterecho (Posts: 1093; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I bet its Nokia doing the testing, while MS sleeps on its stomach.
19. drdaly (Posts: 38; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Im very sorry for Nokia being sold to MS :((
I really think they might have a chance just if GDR3 came earlier, and i do think that MS intentionaly delayed that Major Update to buy Nokia while they struggle before making new competitive phones that can bring them back in the game
6. gd761 (Posts: 110; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Get to Finalizing Windows Phone 8.1 and Bring it to Sprint and to High End Phones A.S.A.P.!!!!!!
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
⬆⬆⬆ The dumbest comments on the planet ⬆⬆
8. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Just how Google has their Nexus phones, Microsoft needs Surface phones!
13. Gemmol (Posts: 570; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
this why they borrow Nokia phone side for 10 years,
14. Gemmol (Posts: 570; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
lmao I am glad Nokia doing it if someone dont
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1544; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
M$, release the update also on 800 and 900. Apple had iOS 7 on iP4. 4 works quite well, so why wouldn't more powerful devices work too?
15. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
MS is really sluggish.. Nokia takes care of all the heavy lifting. MS should release the GDR3 worldwide already. My Lumia 920 is hungry for the update
16. Sarajevo (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Microsoft is waiting to aquire Nokia, and then they will provide great staff so they can say "as soon as we took over Nokia we manage to bring improvments to the platform and that is thank to integration of softver and hardver". They could already bring it to the market, because there are screenshots year old now with notification center and other things on WP...
17. Alex123 (Posts: 232; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
It would be great if Microsoft generate more theme options
1- keep its original theme (UI) - only one home page.
2- Create more themes that allow user to have few pages like android and iOS
This way, might can help user to be happier to use their phone all the time.
20. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1200; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Patience everyone please! MS Windows phone 8 came out in 2012. Apple OIS and Android OS has been around for years now and it will take time for MS Programmers to get al the Features People want Windows smart phones to have. Windows 8.1 will certainly add more features to Windows smart phones and you wont have to buy a new Windows smart phone unless your are still using a old Windows 7.5 or 7.8 smart phone or you want a 1080P HD screen windows smart phone. Nokia for all intent and purposes is smart phone Division of
Microsoft's "Devices and Services Company" there are Plans to have Windows smart phones
and Windows Tablets use the same Apps with changes both's API's and ECT. This should begin happing with the Windows 8.1 upgrade. Eventually there Will Only be one Windows smart phone,Tablet , Desktop , Laptop , Apps store.
21. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
Really looking forward for notification center