Microsoft and Apple court victories force Motorola to pull out of German phone and tablet market
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2012, 03:00 posted on
Court victories by Microsoft and Apple against Motorola Mobility that the latter could not get overturned has forced the Google owned subsidiary to stop selling Android phones and tablets in Germany; Motorola is going to focus on higher-end sales in fewer countries...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. plgladio (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
So bad, Motorola with Boot-to-Gecko in Germany :P
16. rf1975 (Posts: 220; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I am sure it is not because of patent lost. Motorola was not doing well when Google purchased it. I think this part of Google's resurrecting plan.
3. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Germany seems to be one of the only countries in europe to have a legal system as baffling stupid as the US in support of apple.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Well done Moto, never give in to those patent trolls. Moto will return to Germany with devices with new SS file system and JB which will leave MS and Apple in the dust.
5. darktranquillity (Posts: 282; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Thank you german courts for driving out motorola over stupid patents and thereby cutting down the jobs in your already depression stricken economy.
7. trendsbze (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Just commenting on the "depression stricken economy" part of your statement. All the world's economy should be like Germany right now.
17. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
The patent office shouldn't give out stupid patents?
6. StreetNerd (Posts: 684; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i rly dont understand what moto is doing in europe..... moto is dead in europe 8 years ago
9. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
great....Apple + Microsoft = pure evil
DO NOT GIVE THEM A PENNY!!!!
I dont! I will never give!
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1118; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Aye for that no pennies for these Nwo creeps ....opensource all the way
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1118; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Germany ...what R U DOING...Germany....Stahp
13. 7thspaceman (Posts: 718; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
since this is a software problem Motorola's programmers will remove or replace the
software cause of the patent fights and also make legal efforts to pay Apple and Microsoft royalty fees to use their Patents. Microsoft probably is the easier of the 2 to make an agreement with. Motorola will come back stronger in 6 months with good smart phones that will induce people to buy them
14. nofear (Posts: 146; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I'd hope Google shut down every Apple's search and maps of everything about Apple.
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I used Google to search Motorola sales in Germany and got nothing.... so Moto will do nothing to fix this as they dont sell in Germany anyways
20. moroninc (Posts: 141; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
what a bunch of patent trolls, Apple was the apprentice when Microsoft was the Bully now the apprentice is better than the Master... at bullying other companies.
21. Shino (Posts: 159; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Sorry Moto. I used to like you very much before you bonded with Giggle. Now you'e nothing, but a milking cow and just another copycat manufacturer, using the controversial Handroid.