Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Series announced
0. phoneArena 15 Feb 2010, 08:09 posted on
Today Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer, steps on stage to unveil the latest iteration of the Windows Mobile platform, Windows Phone 7 Series…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
If they worked on this new operating system from scratch then of course, no doubt they can bring it back. But to establish their good will, they have to be original, practical, functional, flexible. They have to forget their old ways to do it and I really hope they would do it.
2. Rhetoric (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
It seems they are using the template for the Zune HD GUI, that by itself is worth notice.
3. artz1986 (Posts: 453; Member since: 11 Mar 2009)
I'm guessing Microsoft is back in the mobile business...
4. scorpionreign (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Dec 2008)
I hope the OS is like Android and sync Business and Social experience together.
5. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Looking @ this id love to take a look at this but seriously? Q4? How long has this been in the works?
6. DonkeyPunched (Posts: 321; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
I'm glad they started over. It will be successful and even though it has to wait till Holiday season, they should have all the kinks and features of all these other new upcoming phones, especially from Google. I'm actually glad they are waiting so when Apple hits people with their next update and possibly phone this mid-year, they can work around it. I just hope they put the Zune software out as available for Mac computers... :[ I've wanted to switch to a Zune for a while now...
7. trentsinmypants (Posts: 313; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
microsoft needs to completely change the UI in order to stay in the game. I hope that they trim the fat off with the release of windows phone 7 (does anyone else hate this name?) so that its not so bloated and runs smoothly.....
8. bng (Posts: 107; Member since: 12 Feb 2009)
yup i hate it to they should shoten it like WP7 or WinPhone7 something like that.
9. Rhetoric (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
WiMo7 We already refer to it as WiMo in the XDA/PPCgeeks comunity.
10. cansler (Posts: 136; Member since: 07 Oct 2009)
Looks like a well polished version of Android. I like it. The video made me want to see more.
11. rwolf1984 (Posts: 518; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)
I am interested in this. . .I am not crazy about the Zune, but I am willing to play with this and give this a fair chance. This new operating system looks really sharp.cant wait to see more. . .
12. ca2l3vin (Posts: 22; Member since: 12 Aug 2009)
Have to say this to me seem genius Take a Zune HD experience and make it main stream by building around it with phone, social network, and gaming integration Have to say very impressed and looking somewhat forward to it. unfortunately it looks like its going to be difficult for any backwards compatibility and side loading apps looks like may be difficult but hopefully they will have some of that worked about by holiday season.
13. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
The picture for the headline title seems to show the name as "Windows 7 Phone" but it is referred to as "Windows Phone 7". I cannot watch the video from this computer right now. Can someone clarify for me what the true name is going to be?
14. rehnhart (Posts: 103; Member since: 27 Mar 2009)
Not impressed with this. I watched the video and another one over at Engadget, but really didn't see anything that would sway me to WinMo or whatever you want to call it. I am interested to see how the Xbox element will be utilized more, but nothing seems to be jaw dropping. I am still on track to get a Android phone on Verizon when my contract is up for renewal.... I will say that it is a step in the right direction for Microsoft and should have been done three years ago.
15. electro.livin (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Feb 2010)
I think this phone looks good. However why so long to get it out? microsoft are way behind apple in the phone market. It looks really sleek and all that but thay have no chance of catching up with apple for years and years.
17. mcmkone (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Mar 2009)
I think it's because when they launch it they want to beat the Apple in everyway so they'll launch after so they can say we can do this that and this and the iPhone can't do ish...
16. baldilocks (Posts: 541; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
It's not very visually pleasing....... :sigh:
18. n0gar2 (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
This is good. Will Windows Update actually work on this version?