Microsoft: We're number three and growing faster than anyone else
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2013, 02:50 posted on
With the battle for the top two smartphone platforms being fought out by the duopoly players named Android and iOS, many were looking forward to 2013 to see the more interesting battle for third place between BlackBerry and Windows Phone; wth the Canadian OEM launching BlackBerry 10 this year, and new phones to go along with the new OS, did the company recapture its former days of glory? Not according to Windows Phone executives...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
WP has very bright future.
33. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 870; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
So very true Potato hahaha.
Bill Gates is show up to the next board meeting with his daddy pants on and force them to say thank you to Nokia.
39. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
All the credit goes to Nokia! Respect.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Babies grow faster than adults so no surprise there.
5. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
fail.even BBM is baby by your logic.but they are not growing but (can somebody add opposite of growth here)
15. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
When there are only a hand full of players, likely 4 of them there is nothing to brag about being no 3...
48. Dastrix (unregistered)
When there are only a hand full of players, likely 4 of them there is nothing to brag about being no. 1 or 2...
34. DFranch (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
The elderly often shrink the older they get.
42. Dastrix (unregistered)
But some babies i.e. BB never grow. Also no surprise here xD
14. ranatju (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Adults die faster then faster than babies so surprise will come later..:P
16. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but adults can do lots of thing which babies cant do.. :)
19. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
like they can troll each other in courts
27. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Dont use "is"
Let me complete
nokia was adult
Now they are babies
25. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Adults have better minds as compared to babies
because Adults can solve integration
But babies will always be on A B C D E F G......W..P
1 2 3 4 5 6.......
31. ranatju (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Dont worry babies will grow in the blink of an eye :)
43. Dastrix (unregistered)
You mean to refer to iOS and Android?
3. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
one thing blackberry has done is they REINVENTED low range devices by giving good specs but FAILED to price it low end.instead they REVOLUTIONARYLY priced more than S3
7. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
well its because its not completely low end!
1. it has 2GB of RAM which only high end android Phone has and Windows Phone dont have!
2. it has LTE! so its not really class as low end
so its tolerable... just wait for about 2-3 months then it will cut down the price!
and maybe the other reason why BlackBerry price its devices like that because they don't have deep pocket that microsoft has to pay for the developers they need cash so that they can keep the devs happy!
36. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
LTE isn't high-end. There's phones you can get for $100 (or free on contract) with LTE.
6. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
2nd to that! if they grow faster than anyone else (BlackBerry just name it) but i'll lol to that since the software was already 3 years old, yet it still not that stable or don't have a decent market share! while the BlackBerry 10, its completely new still it sold 1M Z10 on its first release!
so microsoft needs to credit it to nokia!
btw, temple run can now be played on 720 and 520 (and those other with 512MB) because before it is only available to phones with 1GB of RAM
22. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Yeah and guess what??
Only for windows 8 users :D
now they already dont care about wp 7.8
10. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
All the credit goes to Nokia. It happens only because of their effort.
Before Lumia series nobody was interested in Windows Phones.. Now see where are they going. Peace.
20. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Because nokia is doing marketing
Thats the truth
if HTC starts marketing like nokia
Then NOKIA will face a hard rival in WP
26. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i disagree, there's no question if nokia build things! they are top notch!
nokia just see the decline with symbian because the UI of symbian is ancient (post Belle OS) and the symbian that nokia supported (s60) dont support touch screen while if they choose the UIQ (the symbian that support touch screen) they just ditched it!
if nokia could have just re-written the whole OS on Qt it will surely become modern! and besides only symbian, MeeGo and BB10 support REAL MULTITASKING! android don't do that! its just a preview of what's your last app.. so it Windows Phone
30. ideal_josh (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
did you just say android does not do Real Multitasking, but Blackberry does *dies*. Please Educate Yourself
44. Dastrix (unregistered)
Amen to that! Nokia is the best!!
45. Dastrix (unregistered)
They're too scared to face the truth. All those whiners saying sh!t about WP and how it sucks.. Well, guess what? There's a reason why WP is third now. So they need to suck it up, face the truth, and quit b!tching about it. But they can't because they're too scared, so they pretend to be ignorant! Nokia and WP rulezzz!!
"Wp8 down south more like, not FTW! With 4% share yea FTW RIP!"
Yeah right. STFU. "In denial and more like "Jealous" they are!"
50. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They are scared because they have realized that gimmicks and plastics aren't gonna win every time.
9. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Microsoft and Nokia have offered so much with Windows Phone, so many services and features. Finally Windows Phone is fully kicking off, hopefully it will catch onto the mainstream audience as being phones of choice.
17. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Yes i stood 3rd...
How many compettrs. you got?
Only 3 :D
41. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
4. Symbian (it is still selling well)
5. Java phones
8. Series 40
18. amats69 (Posts: 1222; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
im currently enjoying my Andorid (HTC ONE) phone but im excited to see the new nokia EOS. if it has a beautiful design (on par with my HTC One) and if the price is right then maybe its about time for me to try windows phone :)
23. boosook (Posts: 1233; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Solidly? With a global 5-6% market share which, what's more, is an average of a few countries where WP has 10% and many others where they're virtually absent?
28. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Im liking Htc Wp now more then Nokia just went back to a Radar with 7.8 Its still a great device. I like there cameras when they put the lower aperture and BSI sensors. Wish Nokia didnt make there devices so bulky. Prime example the lumia 810 no thought it seems really went into the design. They seem to be slowly coming around though.
37. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Check out the 720 and 925. Slim, good design, great cameras, WP8.
29. livyatan (Posts: 863; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Android grew by ~ 30(120-150) million just in in the last quarter.
WP grew by ~ 2(4.5-6.5) million in the same period.
SOO..ANDROID IS GROWING ~15 TIMES FASTER
What a retard -.-
40. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You had a very bad maths teacher in your school I guess.
47. Dastrix (unregistered)
Go back to kindergarten retard.
32. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
They calculated according to percentage, so they are not wrong. A 4 to 6 million growth is 50%. Android 120 to 150 million is 'just' 25%. So, they are 'growing' faster than anyone. :)
35. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
So they grew by two million and android 30 million, interesting. When android 5 will come, it will make the gap between WP and android much bigger. I mean android is already so much better and it will only be better, I can not come up with one thing WP is better at. Even IOS 7 is way better and more customizable. The only thing that keeps WP above the water is Nokia. And the onlz reason why Nokia is king of WP is that everyone else don´t give a cra% about WP. If Samsung, HTC or LG would concentrate on WP and have a lot of marketing, Nokia would be in serious trouble.
38. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Bragging about being in third place, never thought I'd see that.
46. livyatan (Posts: 863; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
@potato, how much is 30:2?
@ddeath, that's a retarded argument.
By it, I guess next year the Firefox and Jolla should shove in everyone's faces how they sold x themes more phones than this year..
So if Jolla for example sells 50 000 phones this year, and turns that into 500 000 next year (VERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO), OMG that's a 1000% increase!!
Game over for everyone!!
54. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You had a very bad maths teacher, really!
49. Heritor (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
You are bad with math. If I have a store with 3000 customers and in one year i add 300 more then i have a 10% growth rate. If I have a store where my customer base is 200 and in one year i gain a 100 new customers then my growth rate is 50%.
Hence the store with 200 customers is growing faster then the store with 3000. The scary part is how long that growth rate is maintained can eventually see them overtaking the store with 3k customers.
55. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yeah this is how growth rate is calculated.
Dumb people are comparing figures.
51. livyatan (Posts: 863; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
No, my math is perfectly alright.
You are talking about the RELATIVE GROWTH, while when someone says "growing faster than everyone else", he is thus talking in absolute terms.
If in a given time period one body gains 30 kilograms of body mass while the other gains 2 kilograms, one grows 30 times faster in absolute terms, it's that simple
56. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No. Your maths is not perfect. Its like potato
59. livyatan (Posts: 863; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Gosh, human stupidity is truly limitless...
Here's the simplest illustration for you braindeads...
Imagine two plants.
One is 700centimeters tall(android user base), while the other one is merely a 45cm tall(windows phone user base).
Now, imagine three months passing.
The first tree is now 850centimeters tall(+150million new users), while the other one is.. 51.5centimeters tall(+6.5million new users).
NOW, WHICH PLANT IS GROWING FASTER, GENIUSES??
The fact is, IT'S NOT EVEN COMPARABLE.
Anyone referring to the tiny plant as the "fastest growing one" is a gigantic moron.
60. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Jesus, so we are all declared brain dead, stupid and moronic by you because Microsoft is growing faster than anyone. I guessed you really love Microsoft. Well done.