Microsoft Surface to be available for purchase October 26th at midnight
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Oct 2012, 19:30
Microsoft is sending out an invitation for a press event which reads, "You’re invited to celebrate Windows 8 on October 25th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m." and a company spokesman has said that the Microsoft Surface tablet will launch on midnight, October 26th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 posted on 04 Oct 2012, 19:33 1 19
What kind of idiot do they think someone would buy one at midnight? It's not like standing in line like for the iPhone. but it is
7. Glim12808 posted on 04 Oct 2012, 20:30 20 1
If it's available online, then it very well can be ordered from anywhere in the world. In case you don't know, the world is round and spins so what may be midnight in the U.S. is middle of the day elsewhere!
22. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 06 Oct 2012, 01:11 0 0
nice said!!! its midnight there in US and its 2pm in my place!
but maybe what he is trying to say is that what if its not available online (but i doubt that)? will people wait for an unkown device at the middle of the night?
maybe they will, if microsoft will make some crazy deal on that time! maybe at midnight of its release, they will sell the ARM base at $99 and the intel at $199... who knows? (and its a joke ofcourse, that will be crazy stupid but then again. WHO KNOWS..but ballmer's not pricing it like that---like he said they are not cheap!)
3. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Oct 2012, 19:56 8 1
i can go to the Microsoft Store and touch one. ;)
8. Jelly_Bean posted on 04 Oct 2012, 21:06 8 2
Well said mate :)
A very well designed, fully featured pack piece of technology. Well done MS really appreciate your efforts especially in that Keyboard cover.
People who are just barking around and don't know anything I believe surface or any other Windows 8 tablet from other manufacturers will just put them on mute. To be very honest I like Windows 8 (70%) on PCs and 101% on tablets for sure.
9. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Oct 2012, 21:13 7 0
oh yeah, if this thing really is the $200 rumored priced consider it bought by the King. ;D
23. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 06 Oct 2012, 01:14 0 0
i still think win8 for mouse users is an ugly experience! not very lovely with that kind of UI!! but on tablet---hell yeah!!!
but i love the UI of PlayBook/TouchPad though!
24. KingKurogiii posted on 06 Oct 2012, 03:59 0 0
yeah, i doubt i'll get W8 on my trusty dv7t. i'm happy with W7 but if you gave me that HP Tablet/Laptop Hybrid that was just announced with W8 then i wouldn't complain too much. ;D
4. vvelez5 posted on 04 Oct 2012, 20:01 7 0
That's great and all but seriously, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?! I want one but I need to know the price.
13. Joshing4fun posted on 04 Oct 2012, 22:36 2 0
I know it pissing me off so badly. Pricing is just as important of a feature as is the screen, processor, etc. Without knowing, I really can't get that excited.
6. techguy22 posted on 04 Oct 2012, 20:28 0 14
and why would you buy something without a pricetag ? wtf is this ? give people a price for your stupid tablet. not like i care about surface. i just wanna see why its an IPad killer
12. tigermcm posted on 04 Oct 2012, 22:21 4 0
I dont remember anyone saying its an ipad killer. Ipad competitor, well yes, that it is
11. androidsbiggestfan posted on 04 Oct 2012, 22:01 5 0
I haven't been this excited for something from Microsoft in well............ever!! Can't wait!
14. RichieRich379 posted on 04 Oct 2012, 23:25 0 0
if they planning a midnight sale , then the price must be $299 or lower and if thats the case then i guess they can pencil me in for two !!!
15. eisenbricher posted on 04 Oct 2012, 23:49 4 0
I just hope they price it uniformally across the globe. Waiting for the RT in India!
16. darthinvader posted on 05 Oct 2012, 00:29 5 0
Bye iPad.. You wont be Missed..
Time for Sir-phase now :P
17. VJo003 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 01:51 2 2
Android Phone & Windows 8 tablet
That sounds good for my stable
19. StreetNerd posted on 05 Oct 2012, 03:38 2 1
Windows Phone 8 + Windows 8 tablet = sounds good for my stable
20. Peter27 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 03:42 2 0
can someone who can travel in time give me a ride to 28 October please?
I can't wait.