Microsoft Surface RT to hit retail stores very soon; "Droid Rage" promo backfires
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:34
The Microsoft Surface RT is Microsoft's answer to the Apple iPad and larger Android tablets like the Google Nexus 10; Microsoft's original plan was to widen distribution once the calendar turned to 2013 but the device is expected to show up in retail stores within days...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:40 12
Well, pretty silly of Microsoft to speak of malware when Windows is the best device to get malware on.
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Dec 2012, 00:07 6
Ballmer is an ideal CEO, well almost
What he lacks is credibility
32. JohnnyBravo posted on 09 Dec 2012, 12:44 2
wtf? LOL That is like saying, "that is an ideal car...it just lacks an engine."
Having credibility is huge for any leader my dude.
33. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Dec 2012, 21:35 0
+1, that's exactly what I meant
19. PhenomFaz posted on 08 Dec 2012, 05:30 1
MS should actually give its tabs time to sell and after its successful he should launch these over-the-top campaigns. without successful sales credibility all marketing gimmicks look like crap
22. lzsbleach posted on 08 Dec 2012, 06:36 2
There just doing this for more attention. Its almost like an up and coming Rap artist dissing Jay-z or someone that is popular in the industry; there just trying to create a buzz.
23. JeffdaBeat posted on 08 Dec 2012, 07:50 2
Not really sure why you got thumbed down...your comment was spot on. When you're at the top, your competitors will do whatever they can to push you off. Apple got that for a long time, now Google will.
2. ddeath posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:42 11
Malwares? Has he even used an Android before? As long as you download from Play, there is no worries about malwares. Clean up your own s**t Windows which has full of viruses and malwares attacking it all the while.
4. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:52 3
I mean, I like Windows - I have used a windows PC since the MS-DOS days with the big floppy disks. I never had many issues with malware - the wife does when going on Facebook - but she is learning.
With windows, just create a backup of important data and do a fresh install if anything goes haywire and DO NOT go for those 'DOUBLY MY SPEED' deals....they are malware unto itself.
3. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:51 7
It's funny because I'm pretty sure when you buy a Windows PC, it comes with viruses and malware right ouf of the box!
6. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:53 4
Well, it does come with a lot of junk from the OEM and Microsoft - I delete all that I can and disable IE, Bing desktop and any other junkware.
5. rusticguy posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:53 5
So RT was a FLOP . . or E(F)lop .. so this Flip-Flop. Well this is what happens if marketing is based on throwing INSULTS at competitors (wonder why Apple didn't sue M$ as iNsulting is only their forte) :D
13. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Dec 2012, 00:05 0
This guy is funny LOL
7. shamataa posted on 07 Dec 2012, 23:12 2
this is so lame on their part. i had never encountered any problems and i have a s**t of stuff on my phone so WTF r they smoking ?. Windows Vista had problems.
9. MC1123 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 23:15 2
should be cheaper!!!
cut down the prices microsoft!!!
i cant wait for next surface RT with only 8.6" screen size!
24. MC1123 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 08:31 0
TROLL i mean cheaper..but at $399 just like nexus 10!
27. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 08 Dec 2012, 10:08 0
That's what I was refering™®©
15. jove39 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 00:27 3
MS need to stop bad mouthing other platforms and improve WP8...bad business tactics won't help WP8 or MS!
20. jroc74 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 05:30 5
lubba, you ok ? Its not that serious.....at the same time I could say you're actling like its your father they're talking about. Rise above that man.
25. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 08 Dec 2012, 09:36 2
Microsoft is good with PC, on the mobile side there failing to OS and iOS!
Look at W1234567 & now 8? What difference will this make?
29. costeakai posted on 09 Dec 2012, 03:45 0
@rusticguy: ha , your comment is good. ms's only chance , is intel's valleyview. win-rt is just a waste of time. amd will also help with jaguar-temash ultra-low-power-apu. ms can't wait another year for it; wants to run faster and lighter by self-cutting one leg: it hurts and doesn't work.
31. 7thspaceman posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:35 0
due to the fact that more People will be exposed to seeing a Microsoft surface RT in Person more of them will be sold.but I Hope that the People who buy them are first told
that the Microsoft "Surface RT" can only run the Apps that are in it's OS's store and will not run standard Windows Desktop/Laptop programs. If this is done them People who buy a
Microsoft ''Surface RT" will know what they are getting into before they make their
Purchase. Frankly I think Microsoft should only have one "Surface computer next year that
"Surface" will run only "Windows 8 Pro". The Microsoft Tablets running Windows RT should be called " WIN RT" and have a different case. This will get rid of ant sales confusion over which one is which