Microsoft Surface Pro 3 gets a software update ahead of launch
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2014, 21:30 posted on
With this update, Microsoft is addressing a power issue that the Surface Pro 3 had. The new tablet will start shipping tomorrow (though some models will be available in August)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2955; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I think the shills also say it is the best laptop ever, too.
3. erikiksaz (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
Best laptop + tablet.
Calling it just a tablet is sort of an undersell.
4. techperson211 (Posts: 593; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
This is what I've been waiting for but the i7 is way too high. Will wait for the price drop.
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Great laptop.... iPad still the best tablet IMO.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Is that you really there? LOL. Replyhttp://www.phonearena.com/news
12. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yeah, got to pull for the underdogs too.
Other wise we'll be left limited choices.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2955; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Because an enormous evil company with two recognized monopolies (desktop OS, office productivity apps) is an "underdog"?
7. techperson211 (Posts: 593; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
9. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1079; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I am saving up my money for the Surface Pro 4 which will have the New Intel broadwell CPU's
the Surface Pro 4 should be thinner have better battery life. work faster and will trully be the
Surface Tablet that will replace an Ultra book laptop Computer. Microsoft however still needs to make a 10 inch diagonal. 4 X 3 aspect screen Tablet because the screen is less awkward looking in the portraiture position and feels real good in the hand and would be a tiny bit bigger than an Ipad's screen.
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2955; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
While I'm not a fan of the "jack of all trades, master of none" approach to the design of the Surface, I agree that all these sorts of x86 devices would be better off with Broadwell.
For the most part, Haswell has been a disappointment. The battery life is better, but the chip has remained expensive and the nicer versions of it are mostly unavailable except to Apple.
10. NotAGeek (Posts: 129; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Still waiting for an affordable surface from MS with a bay trail chip and x86 windows
15. techloverNYC (Posts: 399; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
2 words to sum it up for me...too expensive.