Microsoft Surface Pro 2 is here: longer battery life, better display, faster processor
1. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Nice improvement. Pricing will play a big part.
15. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Surface Pro 2 $899
Surface 2 $449
Surface RT $349
3. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
PRICE IT RIGHT!
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
If RT uses the Tegra again nVidia must have given Microsoft a juicy discount or something.
16. nlbates66 (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
i believe the surface 2 (the second Surface RT with ARM processor) has a Tegra 4 processor, the first Surface had a Tegra 3, don't quote me on this though.
This article is for the Pro 2 though, which has an Intel Haswell Core i5 processor and some version of Intel HD graphics processor, the first Surface Pro has an Intel Ivy Bridge Core i5 3317U Processor and Intel HD 4000 graphics processor.
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Microsoft please price it right then you might actually stand a chance!!!
6. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I was expecting a fanless tablet...higher resolution, thinner and lighter. Very disappointed :( . I like the new type cover tough...
13. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Fanless wouldn't give it 'pro' performance though
7. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
'3xUSB1.0'??? Is there still USB 1.0 today, or is it a typo for 2.0?
10. boosook (Posts: 1402; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
A fan inside? No, really... a fan inside? Didn't even know that the previous version had a fan!
11. papss (unregistered)
I'm aw struck with this one.. Seems to be a beast and that battery life is amazing for what you get. It should and will be prices higher than an iPad for obvious reasons.
12. boosook (Posts: 1402; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It comes in different colors... here's the best contribution of Nokia since Microsoft bought it! :)
14. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
But can it run Crysis 3 maxed out without lag? /s
17. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Not without lag, but it should be able to run it without lag when its not maxed out.
19. arqjav (Posts: 55; Member since: 29 Dec 2009)
What about the cameras,what tipe of cameras does it have?????
20. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Haswell gpu can run Battlefield 3 smoothly on low settings, and Intel tablets will start to be more interesting than ARM for games...getting sick of microtransaction games, finally some top notch titles (Steam / Origin on a pseudo tablet!)
If Intel continues to improve we'll have a serious breaktrough in mobile gaming...If they team up with Valve we could have futureproof mobile multiplayer