Microsoft Store grand opening in Connecticut has a slightly huge line of people waiting
There are not that many Microsoft retail locations out there, which is unfortunate because they are pretty neat experiences and of course they are full of lots of different gadgets from lots of different manufacturers.
In Farmington, the grand-opening was the event of the day and the lines of people were massive. If you happen to live near Farmington, do not expect the crowds to wane this weekend. Instead, maybe make the trip a little later, or during the week. As for why Microsoft may have picked that location for its latest retail endeavor, that part of New England is fairly affluent and the Interstate-84 corridor in that area makes it easy to get to from upstate New York as well as parts of Massachusetts. We are sure that some of you wished for a location a bit closer to your home though.
If any of you happened to be there, tell us how long you waited in line.
Microsoft Store Grand Opening in Connecticut
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Seriously, I have the 1520, and it's smartphone heaven.. But, the build, and finish, of the Icon is unmatched by any other Lumia to date.. Now, that's a awesome smartphone!
10. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
An Icon would be my next phone, but ATT xD. I guess I'll just wait for the illusive 1820
13. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
An upgrade to my 920 would be absolutely amazing. I would rather have the 5-6 inch display though.
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, I'm sure the next 920 will have a 5" screen.. And, att gets colors!!!
22. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I regret not getting mine in cyan. Although black matte isn't bad at all.
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I love red.. I have a red 920, and a red 1520.. I'm blessed!!
71. papss (unregistered)
I hate you... :-)
79. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol... You should've waited.. Patience my friend..
35. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
True, but???? What does that have to do with anything?
77. Bernoulli (Posts: 1436; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I'd pick the lumia 1520 over icon any day, you to have that humongous battery
80. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well,, I did.. Lol.. The battery is freekin awesome.. Side by side the specs are in line with Android devices that haven't been released yet.. Now, that's really amazing for WP.. I hope MS keeps that up..
7. Derekjeter (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I'm typing this on the icon and let me tell you the phone is no where near what people expect. This is my first WP and it SUCKS!!! I can't wait to give it back and turn on my G2. The camera sucks. Where do people get that Lumias have a good camera. I don't care how many megapixel's you have if the shutter lag is more than 2 seconds forget it. Its impossible to take pictures with this thing. Out of the 42 apps I use I found 29 the others were clones. Some of the apps oh man.....looks like the creator was given 10 minutes to create them. Their horrible. I don't know how people can say that WP is good, I'm sorry its not. And what's up with some web pages looking like WebPages from 5 years ago. Android I'm coming back.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
LMFAO!!! Nobody in there right mind believes that you have a Lumia!!!!!!
You sir win the title hands down!!!
14. Derekjeter (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Spoke like a true fanboy. Its ok at least i open my mind in trying something new, it was awful but hey at least i gave it a try. Tell me the apps don't look like crap, are you really going to say that the shutter lag isnt there. Go get an Icon and see for your self. For a product that claims to have the best camera they sure messed up in fixing that. Even iPhones have that figured out.
15. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
There's this thing called burst mode, you should give it a go if you wanna take pics that fast.
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
He doesn't have a Icon.. He's a troll... You haven't seen this guys comments?.. Why would he ever buy a WP device?
23. Derekjeter (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Bought to try it, and to see if WP might be something worth keeping but i can only say thank god for 14 day return policy.
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This is the most pathetic stunt anyone online has ever pulled... I feel like embarrassed for you... How are you going to get yourself out of this one?...
20. Derekjeter (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
its ok fanboy keep lying to your self, Why don't you answer my questions? You know the apps are sh1t and the camera is horrible. The web browsing is worst than on a cheap android.
29. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're questions are dumb, and you're making a fool of yourself.. Think about it.. Do you really think that I'm gonna agree with you that WP is bad?.. Really?.. Everything you mentioned is false!.. Not even in any online review do they mention those things.. LMFAO!! .. You want me to say WP is bad?... Lol!... Prod fan here Forest.. A real WP user,, unlike you who has probably never touched a WP device.. Keep trying..
26. Derekjeter (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
How are you going to get yourself out of this one?...By returning the phone.
31. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
When you go up to the store to return nothing they are going to ask you to leave... Derekjeter... Look at your profile picture.. Lol... Whose gonna trust you?.. Oh, other trolls only.. Good job!
18. Derekjeter (Posts: 194; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Oh and whats up with the volume control? LOL!!! They cant even fix that. I have to constantly put it down to dial a number then put it up again then put it down. Simple things like that is why i cant use this phone. I see now that WP people are true fans for them to stay with WP even though its horrible. NO OPTIONS!!
21. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I've had no issue with that. Is that the only thing you can come up with?
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
He wants us to say that our platform of choice is bad.. If we don't agree then we're fanboys.. LMFAO!! The maturity of these trolls...
61. Odiin (Posts: 212; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Leave him alone, he is just here to bash WP. Nothing can help him.
64. ihavenoname (Posts: 1308; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
What? Guy just bought WP and clearly he doesn't like it. Can't he say that it sucks? Is it forbidden to say that he regrets buying one? WP is clearly alive because of denying facts.
81. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
So, if you believe that then you got issues too... You believe him?.... Really?.. Lol..
And, it doesn't matter what you say because you're just another well known troll just like him... You know that I can see your profile name right?.... Wow!
87. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Not because your fellow biased MS fanboys use to pretend to have Android for trolling purpose, means that everyone who post negative comment about their devices are lying.
43. elitewolverine (Posts: 1292; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yea, pretty much don't believe you. My friend just came from a note 2 and has an icon now because it was his 4th note two, this time it refused to charge the other 3 were due to software errors that a master reset couldn't fix.
Camera to camera the icon has won if not been on par with anything other than the 1020.
The browser? Ummm even on my 925 the browser looks just like it does on the web. I could pull up screenshots to prove you wrong, but we all know you are a troll.
And the apps you use? Lets hear them. Which apps that you used so much on android yet think the dev had 10mins on win phone. The apps please?
45. bigdawg23 (Posts: 350; Member since: 25 May 2011)
My Lumia 1020 camera bears just about any camera on phones. You are correct it takes a little longer to snap photo, however if you know how to match your WB, ISO and Shutter Speed, my Lumia 1020 blows all others away, I have snapped some unbelievable action shots that my note 2 or iPhone 5 can't do.
Now as for apps I will agree with you. I fly a lot and the Delta WP apps has the information but no electronic boarding pass. I do have a iPhone 5 as a personal phone so apps I really want are on there. Android has its faults as well. I have a Note 2, that I need to do part of my job because the app isn't available on WP and will not be made.
At the end of the day it's all about preference. I can tell you this Nokia smokes any android and iPhone when it comes to signal strength.
47. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You don't really believe that this troll who has always said he hates WP actually went out and bought a Icon,, do you?
51. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5575; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How did you manage to use the Icon to respond to posts on PA? I tried using IE on a 1520 and it was no go. I could make an original post, but responding to a post by clicking the Reply button was not a-happening.
Also, did you try to take HDR (high Dynamic Range) pics with the Icon? I couldn't find where HDR mode was even supported on the 1520. Although I didn't spend much time looking, after the IE fail.
Maybe WP8.1 fixes the gaps, but it seems that happiness is always just out of reach with WP. I liked the screen on the 1520, but IE and the photo app just didn't cut it.
58. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5575; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Is that the best you can do? How about responding to how to Reply to a post on PA with IE?
63. Odiin (Posts: 212; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Dont feed them, n no need to reply to their comments, They will never learn they are never going to stop.
62. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 890; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
droid try going m.phonearena.com if that is so !
68. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5575; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Thank you for your post (+1). I will try it tomorrow at the MS store.
83. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3488; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
But, I already told you that.. You're a troll!..
And, you said that you are not a WP fan, so why would you waist your time going to a MS store!!.. You don't even like MS!... Troll.
90. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 690; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
You needa chill man. Stop attacking everyone and every comment. And this comment is purely non-technical.
66. elitewolverine (Posts: 1292; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
m.phonearena.com is your fix plus the other two options I posted.
69. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5575; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Thank you for your posts (+1). I will try it tomorrow at the MS store.
67. eharris560 (Posts: 59; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and switch to mobile view. That how I post my replies
70. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5575; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Thank you for your post (+1). I will try it tomorrow at the MS store.
73. papss (unregistered)
Out of complete respect for you I'm going to respond with no snide comment..
you only have to use the mobile site.. Nothing more at all. I'm typing from my L1520 right now.
65. ihavenoname (Posts: 1308; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Derekjeter: Same experience to me when trying apps and browser on my friends 1020.
78. akki20892 (Posts: 3292; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Look those reviews buddy. 4.9/5.0 - 48 reviews.
Looks like you are high. Looks like to me you don't even know how to use Lumia.
89. geodude074 (Posts: 67; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I agree, WP sucks. It's like iOS but with none of the apps. There's nothing appealing about it whatsoever.
8. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
'Slightly' huge line? That looks pretty huge to me...
9. AfterShock (Posts: 2512; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That seems pretty impressive to me too.
You have something, and them folks want it.
Watching you, and sorting through the fanboy praise as always.
24. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 48; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Why so many people... I live like 15 minutes from this mall... were they offering goodies or something?
25. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Have you never been in a Microsoft store? Its like an apple store on crack.
53. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5575; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not in the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA. There it is more like an overdose of qualuudes. More staff than customers, and the customers aren't buying, so maybe they should be called curious onlookers.