Microsoft: Major Windows Phone update coming during 2013 holidays
0. phoneArena 03 Mar 2013, 15:50 posted on
Just like the job posting from Microsoft we recently saw that revealed the Windows Phone Blue update, another job posting from Microsoft outs the time frame for the software update as "the holidays" with two smaller updates taking place before then most likely to repair some bug fixes like the issue that is ewating up native storage from the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh good, something to look forward to when my upgrade rolls around. Lumia 940 perhaps?
2. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Makes me wanna love microsoft again (evil possession) o_0
7. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Hoping for Quad core and Octa core phone even though WP doesn't need it.
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
can't wait.....WP is getting better and better time by time.....!!!
14. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
may be nokia gonna introduce this update with their new flagship...............
5. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
This is exactly what Microsoft needs to be doing: advancing and tweaking WP8 OS, in order to make it more appealing on a wider scale, and give customers the impression they are serious about competing in the mobile world.
6. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Oh look, somebody disapproves. Let me write the reverse: this is not what Microsoft should be doing: improving and tweaking WP8 OS, and they should not make it appeal on a wider scale, or give customers the impression they are serious about competing in the mobile world.
Happy? Dumbass ;o)
8. StopTheilluminati (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I hope it's actually a major update like Gingerbread 2.3 to Ice Cream Sandwitch 4.0
9. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I don't think so..
It'll be am major update bit not like android 2.3 to 4.0...because wp 8 was huge update from wp7.5..this time it'll not be that big...
12. StopTheilluminati (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Then the update will be like Android 4.1 to 4.2 .
13. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 167; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I hope the next Lumia flagship will be called 930 instead of 940. Nokia's going to run out of model numbers too soon if they keep up with the +20 naming scheme.
15. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
sooo when we say during 2013 holidays......basically December right?????
19. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The question is which year :)
I mean here how "long is the path" ;P
16. jove39 (Posts: 1742; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's time for MS and partners to go for yearly updates for software and hardware...hope to see snapdragon 800 in new Nokia flagship.
21. volcano (Posts: 316; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
windowsphone 8 support up to 64 core CPU the only thing they need to allow is 1080p resolution
18. Shubham412302 (Posts: 427; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
waiting for nokia lumia phones with snapdragon 800 series