Micromax plans on launching a 5.5 inch FHD phablet next month
Last August, we told you about the 5 inch Micromax Superfone Canvas A100 which was priced at 9999 INR ($180 USD). But unlike the new model, which offers a larger screen, the Superfone Canvas A100's screen had a resolution of just 480 x 854 and the phone carried just 512MB of RAM with a 5MP rear camera.
We really don't expect to see this model find its way to the U.S. where the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the LG Optimus G Pro both live. But if a phablet with an FHD screen were to find its way into the U.S. priced at under $400, it just might be able to make some waves.
source: gizChina via IntoMobile
1. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Because they already have HD phone. Anyway FHD is on its way to become mainstream.
18. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
FHD is not needed on a screen smaller than 7 inches but just for marketing every company is implementing it...
19. mittalmailbox (Posts: 41; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
1280x720 is a hell of resolution for mobile devices,this makes a ppi of almost 300-350 which is quite good. they can work on brightness and viewing angles if they really wanna improve.
2. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
That's good but when someone give more in less price there is always doubt in my mind... Any ways Good luck to them.. They should work on hardware...
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Alan I think this has been officially denied by Micromax just a few days ago.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think it's an OEM's job to keep rumors in denial mode whenever possible, even though it can be true.
I won't be surprised if Micromax comes out with a FHD phone... But i'm so not sure of the processor. Quad core Mediatek processors are a fine way to power an HD phone but a FHD phone is going to burn it.
I think Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad would have done better justice.
4. mamba (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 May 2013)
Finding way to US.. lol.. They hardly find their way to Indian stores... Always out of stock.. Pathetic build quality... Only God knows reality of their thirteen mp..
7. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol.. dude I own A110 and A116. They aren't bad. Bettery lasts good and the rear snappers are awesome. Save for the Dark. No way the build quality is bad. For the money they rock.
People just are stuck to opinion that only major brands can offer quality and smaller just make crap.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5407; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Micromax phones are not bad, they're just lesser-known.
But anyway, good luck to them!
8. ARITRA (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
" to find its way into the U.S. where the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the LG Optimus G Pro both live"-FYI, Galaxy Note II has been launched in india evn b4 US.
10. cso26 (Posts: 10; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
even before any where in world.it was first launched in India( at heydrabad)
9. hadouken (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I have never heard of micromax, but that is a cool logo.
11. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
That logo wasn't designed by micromax themselves but a participant, among other 10000, designed it. It was unveiled two years back in a ind vs sl/pak(cant remember) match.
12. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
mediatek quad core = dual core snapdragon s4 released in 2012 march.... crap
14. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Micromax is NOT made in India...it ONLY rebrands/distributes handsets MADE BY Tinno Mobile China
15. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
micromax sells more phablets in India than Samsung note series
17. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Micromax has been making solid success in India with their Canvas Series won't be surprised with a FHD Phone...
20. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Can't believe the ORIGINAL SOURCE to this article isn't even mentioned here. A Shame really