MetroPCS reports Q1 earnings dropped 63% while net new subscribers fell 82%
0. phoneArena 26 Apr 2012, 10:54 posted on
Contract-free carrier MetroPCS reported profits of $21 million in the first quarter, down 63% from the prior year while revenue rose 7% to nearly $1.3 billion; the carrier added 131,654 net new subscribers during the period...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
Probably because their phone selection really sucks. They need a SGS2 or top notch HTC because those LG's they offer are crappy.
5. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1643; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You can always buy one of those and have it flashed over by someone. I think Metro isn't flashing phones themselves anymore. My friend has a EVO 3D on their network and their 3G is better than Sprints most of the time surprisingly
8. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
I heard that SMS doesn't work when you use a flashed phone though.. have you hear anything about that?
9. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1643; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
SMS works fine its MMS that can be tricky. There's a guy on XDA that has it working for HTC devices though
4. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I didn't even knew about MetroPCS, i thought only AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile was there in the USA (as i am a non USA resident)
I can bet one thing for sure..
They are never gonna get the Iphone 4s cuz apple would never ever invest on them
6. itzmando (Posts: 114; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I kinda of see them as a Regional carrier, like US Cellular or Cricket. Even though they say they have nationwide coverage like the top 4, but they suck!
11. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1643; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Investing has nothing to do with it. If you have the cash Apple will supply but that would more than likely bankrupt MetroPCS
7. lsutigers (Posts: 759; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Virgin Mobile and Boost are taking a lot of the prepaid business, as seen yesterday in Sprint's earnings report. Also, it looks like they will be adding 4G WiMAX to Virgin Mobile and Boost, prepaid is getting as cut-throat as postpaid.
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 964; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Metro problems have nothing to do with the selection of phones, rather its inability to do the basic, stay connected. If you ever dealt with them, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.
13. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I know exactly what your talking about.Had them back in 06 and 07 nothing but bad karma. Afterwards,moved on to the 2 big dogs(VZW/ATT)too expensive and completely happy with Sprint,as long as they get their LTE act together.