Metal Samsung Galaxy F gets snapped next to the Galaxy S5, boasts LG G3-like slim bezels
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 01:55 posted on
Somebody, somewhere, appears to have somehow gotten his hands on the yet-unreleased Samsung Galaxy F (previously referred to as Galaxy S5 Prime), and, so far, he's had a fun time teasing us. Today is no different, for we have yet another high resolution snap of the premium-looking Samsung Galaxy F, but this time there's a twist: it's snapped side-by-side with Samsung's current flagship, the Galaxy S5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Duketytz (Posts: 531; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Looking at the not so perfect angle of the microusb port at the bottom of galaxy F, I can say that it should have IP certification.
38. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Those poor early s5 adopters.
A good design it's not all about bezels.
42. CoastCity (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
"premium looking"... eee... no. Anyway, You can't realy tell poor early adopters, if companies throw out two flagships per year. If you are in a water fountain and try to drink the most fresh water constantly, you'll never drink.
84. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 194; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Get rid of the stupid home button, then we'll talk.
46. vincelongman (Posts: 1731; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Its not the S5 is going to suddenly stop working now that's its not Samsung's newest
Also Samsung did this last year with the S4 LTE-A
66. Humphrey.One (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
It's called market cannibalism, an economic something, you can google that.
76. vincelongman (Posts: 1731; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
True, but Samsung have been doing this for the past 5 years, they sell the most phones in the world... so it doesn't seem to be hurting them
2. josephnero (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I'm not a fan of Samsungs design but it looks awesome
57. josephnero (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Well, not as awesome as Z2 but this is samsung we are talking about.their design has been crappy so this is huge for them
63. Anstice (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 May 2014)
I agree, design wise Samsung hasn't really done anything great with the S5 when compared to the One, G3 and Z2.
72. saffant (Posts: 234; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Subjective Subjective Subjective.
I like this look more than the Z2 because of the Z2's ginormous bezels.
18. hurrycanger (Posts: 1345; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
yep, it does look awesome.
But then if the price is too high comparing to the LG G3...
40. phljcnth (Posts: 320; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Am I the only one in this thread not believing in these photos? Again, all these fabricated pictures apparently come from a single source with poor Photoshop skills! If Galaxy F truly exists, that wouldn't look like a phone with a curved edge at the top and flat at the bottom like the pictures suggest. Samsung is not know to make such kind of asymmetry!
43. CoastCity (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Looks very true to me. The "source" said before that the phone will have asymmetric design
53. phljcnth (Posts: 320; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Well I suggest you take a very close look at each picture and you will tell they were all tastelessly done. Here are some points:
- (Image 1) The 'SAMSUNG' logo is supposed to be embossed not printed
- (Image 1) The edge of the camera and the flash/heart-rate monitor looks crammed
- (Image 1) The reflection in the screen is not consistent with the reflection in the camera
- (Image 1) No LED indicator!
- (Image 2) Improper placement of 'F' in the boot up screen. It's obvious the 'S' and '5' were tampered
- (Image 2 ) LED indicator lights up in blue during boot up. It's unlikely Samsung will ditch this feature.
- (Image 1) Why would anyone take a picture of a phone with a clean back cover and another with a smudgy screen?
Of course the source will claim it will be asymmetrical because he made the concept himself! Can't wait until these images get officially busted!
65. phljcnth (Posts: 320; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It is, actually, under strong lighting. You should at least see a round cut-out on the black film beneath the glass just like that for the ambient light/proximity sensors and front cam. Trust me bro, it's fake.
3. imej88 (unregistered)
Is it me or is the galaxy F look really like LG now (without the home button and 2 capacitive buttons)
21. maherk (Posts: 1351; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Actually, it's the other way around. I remember when the G2 was announced last year, people pointed out (as well as reviewers) that it looks like the S4 with LG logo instead of the home button.
32. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 632; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
LG is Samsung's cousin, so it's not surprising that they share similar design in many models. Besides both company doesn't have any conflics, they're just like familiy.
34. imej88 (unregistered)
@maherk @Felix_Gatto I see. Quite true also. If the design is getting too boring, will change to Oppo or Sony=)
51. drunkenjay (Posts: 93; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
they are the biggest rivals in korea lol. they hate each others guts.
61. desniper9 (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
No. Lg vs Samsung is one of the biggest rivalries in tech. I remember Lg got the SK police to raid Samsung's facilities because of copying suspicions
73. saffant (Posts: 234; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
LG has always followed in Sammie's footsteps to gain publicity. Now that they finally have people's attention, they're starting to branch out and diversify.
48. vincelongman (Posts: 1731; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea the S3 and Note 2 both had similar designs, with fake brushed metal plastic backs as well like the G3
5. express77 (unregistered)
Who designed this? Have they fired their design team?
11. imej88 (unregistered)
the main designer behind S5 was fired by Samsung and the person taking over is apparently the one who design the note series.
26. rd_nest (Posts: 861; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Chang Dong-hoon was not fired, he was moved as Head of Design Strategy Team.
Min-hyouk Lee replaced Chang as Head of Design Team
Lee was already involved with past Galaxy-series devices, not just Note.
37. imej88 (unregistered)
@rd_nest Thanks for the correction. He wasnt fired. He resigned. From the last news I read from here, they mentioned about it. Further information was not explained in more details.
6. MrKoles (Posts: 332; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Haters gonna hate, but this is incredibly beautiful!
A true piece of high-end tech!
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9032; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Thank god we won't hear any more bandaid jokes from the trolls.
25. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
i dont know why would anyone buy this piece of cr@p instead of buying king note 4
29. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
if im not wrong both will be out at the same time or not far from each other
75. Bjray (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 May 2014)
From the looks of it. It seems as the "Galaxy F" will just be an smaller version of the Note 4. Which is perfect for me.
33. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 632; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
l must say that Samsung's design is not ugly, but just boring and too mainstream. They need some innovation in design.
47. MrKoles (Posts: 332; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Every brand has its own design language.
Yes, if you had seen one Samsung, you saw all of them, but this applies either to HTC, Sony, LG and Apple.
49. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 632; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
But among all of them, only Samsung and Apple are too conservative.
15. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes and the new design team begins to work huh
9. gigaraga (Posts: 1384; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
That looks fantastic! The slim bezels, the new back cover, this might just be the phone of the year! But the S5 and Note 4 (predictably) already took the title. This seems leaps and bounds better than the S5. EXCELLENT SAMSUNG!
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1543; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Awesome! I just have to see back cover in better picture, bcuz I'm not sure if I'm fan of that texture.
12. fzacek (Posts: 2302; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Seriously Samsung? This is what the S5 should have been...
13. DONUT (Posts: 311; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
the PA watermark needs to be more transparent -.- its too intrusive as is
14. Gemmol (Posts: 567; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Glad to see fellow Samsung owners happy their device can look good now, I agree the s5 should of been like this
16. fzacek (Posts: 2302; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I wonder how S5 owners feel about this, no longer having the satisfaction of owning Samsung's current flagship...
30. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Only the phone's resale value drop drastically and unable to upgrade with minimum cost :)
19. pwnarena (Posts: 999; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
2014: iphones start looking like galaxies and galaxies start looking like lg g's ... htc ones and xperia z's look the same
20. imej88 (unregistered)
You got that right!
22. eldyagustius (Posts: 151; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Everytime when people is praising the new flagships from other brands which released later, Samsung didn't wanna lose it. Looks like Samsung is unhappy with it though they just already launched their flagships and they already prepared another phones which is quite similar and improve the specs.
27. Run.n.Gun (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Those bezels are slimmer than even the G2
31. iBoss (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
even with metal frame it still looks that ugly samsung with the same boring design!
35. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3372; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
The front looks nice (due to the small bezels), but the back and overall shape is ugly.
39. slh163 (Posts: 123; Member since: 19 May 2014)
people say have bezel like LG g2 and g3. what i see is that i have never seen a bezel that thin in any phone. g2 and g3 bezels looks way bigger compare to this one.
41. INCOMPARABLE (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
but why doesnt have any IP ?