Merlot Red Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in South Korea, availability in other markets uncertain
We have to agree, the faux leather back of the device does look good in red. The new color also matches up perfectly with Christmas, so Samsung is probably expecting to sell quite a bunch of Merlot Red Notes in Korea.
Unfortunately, Samsung didn’t say if this new Galaxy Note 3 color variant would be released Stateside, or in any other market, for that matter.
Other two Note 3 colors that were unveiled in early December are Rose Gold Black and Rose Gold White, with the latter already launched in China.
All in all, the Note 3 now has six official color versions – only one less than Samsung’s other flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4, which is currently available in seven different hues.
source: Samsung Tomorrow (translated)
1. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 188; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
No matter what color they may be.. All Galaxies are ugly. Yeahh, that rhymed! :D
2. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
In your opinion..
But anyway, seems like most people don't really care as long as they are getting the best of what technology has to offer.
4. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 188; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
POPULAR is not entirely the same with the BEST.
5. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
You're right, but like it or not, the Note 3 is the BEST Android money can buy right now. It is overall better the the One MAX, G2 and Z1.
11. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
The Note 3 was voted BEST Smartphone of 2013 by PA readers, was crowned the BEST phablet of 2013 by PA team and won the comparison with the G2, which in turn, was crowned the best smartphone of 2013.
So I guess it's not just my opinion. =]
9. taikucing (unregistered)
Nah, Vivo Xplay 3S is the best android money can buy. $580 without contract. Crazy spec with beautiful UI & aluminum body
10. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
"the Note 3 is the BEST Android money can buy RIGHT NOW."
AFAIK, the Vivo will only be released next month.
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 1460; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I think that's more of your opinion and the opinion of many on PA, but I personally don't mind the design of Samsung phones.
6. bitlebron (Posts: 8; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I Have One.. White (colour) Its d best phone till date IMO .. 4 real.. (previously used iphone 5, xperia z and GS4)
13. JerryTime (Posts: 417; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Man I would love to see this on Verizon in the US. It might tempt me to switch to Samsung from Moto and LG.
14. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
Dear Samsung, I love your phones but your marketing strategies annoy me.
15. Icy4Icy (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
All they need is a blue one!!! I'm loving the red.