Meizu's brand new MX4 scores more than 50k on AnTuTu
The Meizu MX4 was announced yesterday and made available for pre-order in China. The handset is powered by MediaTek's octa-core MT6595 and it seems it has no problem running circles around current flagships, commonly equipped with a Snapdragon 801. Of course, this could change with the next wave of bleeding-edge-tech smartphones, but Meizu has some time to enjoy its crown. Furthermore, for a phone that can be bought in China for ~$20 less than the current king of the region – Xiaomi's Mi4, the MX4 not only packs a lot of punch, but has the looks to boot, with ultra-thin bezels, a 75.5% screen-to-body ratio, and a metallic body. Here's hoping that Meizu decide to release it to western markets and still manage to keep its price tag tasty-low.
1. AnTuTu results
source: iGeek (translated) via GSMDome
1. techperson211 (Posts: 598; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Mediatek. Not sold. We're busy here at Sony's z3 series and Samsung Note4/edge. Next article please.
2. Duketytz (Posts: 467; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Nope for me. Never will I buy a China phone. At least not in the foreseeable future. I hate their Skins
4. realjjj (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
No idea why you guys are insisting that they don't sell outside China.
Their official online store shipps pretty much everywhere but prices are higher and pre-orders stock ran out fast for the MX4. And ofc for anyone ordering, check the bans supported.
The official store being meizumart and if you have doubts about it being official, check Meizu's FB page.
5. realjjj (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
They also got a store in Italy and O2 in the Czech Republic just started selling the MX3, so the MX4 could follow.
6. mailboxofcsk (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
I really welcomes MX4, its the real flagship now. if it performs well, it will reap the benefits by sure. what is the need to worry about the making country. Nobody cares. Price and Performance really matters....
8. Ashoaib (Posts: 1924; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
so mediatek has improved its cpu... the experience I have is, in daily life use MTK sucks badly... but mine was based on A7 which is slow anyway
15. simpleboy_4real (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
it has a MTK6595 dual quad core processor A17+A7 2.2ghz, I think this explains why it has a very high score
9. strudelz100 (Posts: 49; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Single core performance is what matters.
10. TylerGrunter (Posts: 905; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Let's wait for the more serious benchmarks, like Geekbench and GFXbench before taking any
And this is Antutu 5.0 where every device is scoring higher than in the older version.
11. Heatfan316 (Posts: 411; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
And all those devices scored nearly 10,000 points less than the MX4 did. This MT6595 clearly out performs the s801 and possibly the s805.
14. livyatan (Posts: 691; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Tyler, you are wrong.
Some chips score lower compared to the old version, notably the lower end and midrange Snapdragons, Hisilicon chips, and some Mediatek chips.
Go to Antutu.com for more info
12. shahrooz (Posts: 137; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Desing is better than iphone6/Note4/Z3 beautiful phone imo :)
13. a_tumiwa (Posts: 262; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
if only it is Ubuntu phone, otherwise , no interested :(