Meizu MX announced, will officially be the first to use the quad-core Exynos A9 CPU?
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 14:27 posted on
Chinese manufacturer Meizu has announced the world's first smartphone with the Exynos A9, putting a boundary on how soon to expect the Galaxy S3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wouldn't mind this phone.... very high specs?!
2. medicci37 (Posts: 746; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I guess this means the 4212 won't be exclusive to just Samsung devices. Looking forward to seeing the benchmarks for the Meizu MX.
9. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Exynos was never exclusive to samsung devices. It was shown in some dev board long before it was released in a samsung product
4. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1102; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Call me a freak if you want, but isn´t the 4212 a dual core CPU? The same as the 4210 but with a die-shrink to 32 nm. Including same old Mali-400 as GPU.
As far as I´m aware the quad core is the 4412 and includes new GPU. Please Scott, if I´m right correct that. If I´m not just ignore my post.
PS: Checked the source link and I´m right: at least in 4 places refers to 4412 chipset. Please correct that.
5. jove39 (Posts: 1362; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Read source...they haven't mentioned 4212 any where just this "...The MX Quad-core uses a power efficient quad-core Exynos A9 CPU with industry-leading 32 nm HKMG technology..."
Phonearena mixed up numbers
7. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1102; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I was referring to the Droid-life one, there they mention the 4412.
8. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
They did mention 4212. "Samsung’s quad-core A9 CPUs, specifically the Exynos 4212."
That is incorrect.
6. medicci37 (Posts: 746; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
@ Tyler Yeah, your right. I didn't notice, until you mentioned it.
10. azri05 (unregistered)
Cmon exynos! You got a dragon need to be slayed. A snap one. And also kal-el. His weakness is kryptonite.
12. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
This looks just like my ipod 4g!!! but still it looks like a good phone